Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
LDOG

Handball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Recommended Posts

MHSN    392
18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

 

IHF still lists Esteki in the team, but that's old then I guess:

 

8c997605b5.png

 

This is the wide roster, they waited for him until the last day, (actually his name is still in their 16-man list) but he claims he can't make it. Mousavi who plays in Romani (according to the list :d) also won't be there. They didn't bother to come and play for their national team. The federation suspended the other Esteki (who plays in France) for the same reason as he didn't come to play in the Asian Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pavlo    64
1 hour ago, MHSN said:

 

Not the whole A team but all of players who are playing outside of Iran. in fact all important players, and this is not the first time, it happens almost every time !

 

long story, but this time they don't like the current Croat coach and don't want to play for him, beside that they probably know there is no chance for Iran, they don't bother to play. even though officially our best player (Sajjad Esteki) claims his Qatari club didn't release him which is not true.

 

btw, if it wasn't for World Selection team (aka Qatar) Iran would qualify for the Olympics from Asia.

i was sure that Iranians are bigger patriots...BTW....it`s not players to decide if they want to play for the coach..., they don`t have to LIKE him, it looks so amateury, sorry to say. Do you know if Bahrain also has some foreign players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,407
35 minutes ago, MHSN said:

 

This is the wide roster, they waited for him until the last day, (actually his name is still in their 16-man list) but he claims he can't make it. Mousavi who plays in Romani (according to the list :d) also won't be there. They didn't bother to come and play for their national team. The federation suspended the other Esteki (who plays in France) for the same reason as he didn't come to play in the Asian Championship.

Thanks for the information and, sadly, I guess you're right about them not having much of a chance anyway..damn Qatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MHSN    392
12 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

i was sure that Iranians are bigger patriots...BTW....it`s not players to decide if they want to play for the coach..., they don`t have to LIKE him, it looks so amateury, sorry to say. Do you know if Bahrain also has some foreign players?

 

Yes indeed, but we always had/have this problem in handball, these group of players boycotted the NT before, Iman Jamali even switched nationality to play for Hungary ! having problem with the coach is just an excuse, they simply don't care about the national team, Handball is the only sport we have such problem, as you said Iranians are patriots.

 

no, Bahrain is good in handball (in Asian level of course) , as far as I know they don't have any foreign players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pavlo    64
22 minutes ago, MHSN said:

 

Yes indeed, but we always had/have this problem in handball, these group of players boycotted the NT before, Iman Jamali even switched nationality to play for Hungary ! having problem with the coach is just an excuse, they simply don't care about the national team, Handball is the only sport we have such problem, as you said Iranians are patriots.

 

no, Bahrain is good in handball (in Asian level of course) , as far as I know they don't have any foreign players.

hmmm, it`s a kind of spooky that players of 1 discipline have different mentality than 95% of them...but it happens, it`s like with our woman`s volleyball let`s say (not that scale but similar)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoshMartini007    172

Good luck to Macedonia, this will be their best chance at qualifying anyone outside of invitations. The match against Tunisia tomorrow will be most important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,407
32 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Good luck to Macedonia, this will be their best chance at qualifying anyone outside of invitations. The match against Tunisia tomorrow will be most important.

It's both sad and pretty cool that a country's only very real chance of qualifying quotas for the Olympics comes in a team sport :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoshMartini007    172
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's both sad and pretty cool that a country's only very real chance of qualifying quotas for the Olympics comes in a team sport :)

 

You see it in other sports too, Pakistan in field hockey, Honduras (and other African nations) in football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,883

impressive second half of the slovenians so far.  from 16:12 for Spain after 1st half it´s 20:21 now..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dareza    683

This is probably Olympics for Slovenia. :) I hope Macedonia also will be on OG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×