website statistics

Handball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

9 minutes ago, LDOG said:

One more lesson for totallympics euro-users that "europe > everything else" isn't always true. :yes 

1) Who said that?

2) Why? Just because Tunisia won against Macedonia? You shouldn't forget that ...

a) Croatia, Norway and Denmark are in the same group and i am sure that all of them would've beaten Tunisia, so Tunisia got very lucky whit the "draw". 

b) Macedonia was only 11th at the last european championships, other nations like Hungary, Russia or even Iceland are probably stronger at the moment. 

I think Tunisia would barely rank among the top 10 european nations in handball. 

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 minutes ago, LDOG said:

One more lesson for totallympics euro-users that "europe > everything else" isn't always true. :yes 

I think you can see most people are happy with Tunisia's win, so your comment is a bit off :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Well Europe is generally speaking the strongest continent in most Olympic sports.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Who said that?

2) Why? Just because Tunisia won against Macedonia? You shouldn't forget that ...

a) Croatia, Norway and Denmark are in the same group and i am sure that all of them would've beaten Tunisia, so Tunisia got very lucky whit the "draw". 

b) Macedonia was only 11th at the last european championships, other nations like Hungary, Russia or even Iceland are probably stronger at the moment. 

I think Tunisia would barely rank among the top 10 european nations in handball. 

1) many users, when the draw came in the old forum everyone was sure that Poland and Macedonia were unquestionably going to get the tickets.

2) I don't agree that Macedonia is weaker than those specific nations you mentioned (results of mid-level european handball teams seem to vary a lot with each tournament), but it isn't important to my point. I just criticize the eurocentric prejudice that made everyone predict Macedonia when Tunisia has a lot of players based in european clubs and has produced great results in the past.

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

Tunisia is Nederland of Africa

they are strong in all sports :d

Netherlands? They are pretty good considering their size, but ...

1) They have no teams in water polo, rugby or football.

2) Spain or France are (much) stronger overall in team sports.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.