website statistics

Historical Sport Pictures

Gianlu33

• 2 weeks later...

CJdykSNW8AExDcC.jpg

2006, Berlin (GER) - Italy won the 2006 World Cup.

"So let's all come together, all together, four times: we are world champions, world champions, world champions, world champions! Let us embrace strongly, and we want so much; we want it so well. Because we won, we won all tonight, we all won, friends, we all won, we won all friends. Look where you are, why you will never forget it! Look at who you are, why do not you ever forget it! And it will be the longest embrace that a sporting event has ever given you, perhaps one of the longest in your life! Embrace yourself strongly ... Embrace yourself strongly ... And embrace above all this wonderful team who won by suffering, who won as Italy failed to win: the penalty shootout, against France that had always eliminated, against the French people who had always beaten us in the events since '78 forwards. And this time no, this time no ... This time we won. And Beppe, we take the cup, Beppe! We take the cup, Beppe!" :cry: 

• 2 years later...

Having nothing to do this evening...TISC votes send already yesterday :p

so I´m watching some weird videos and

in some nostalgia, I am rewatching the last moments of Czechoslovakian sport.

17th November 1993, Bruxelles :BEL

Last round of the FIFA 1994 USA World Cup Qualification,

Belgium was hosting a team of a already non-existing country a so-called team "Representation of Czechs and Slovaks" this was the name under which this team was allowed to play the 1994 WC qualifier, and if they would have won in Belgium this match they would have qualified to USA 1 and half year after the end of Czechoslovakia lol.

This was the official match number 499 of Czechoslovakian Football history.  one goal and the history would be rewritten by a team playing the world cup despite the country they represented did not existed.

Bratislava May 1992, Ice Hockey World Championships hosted by a country which was existing for the very last year in Czechoslovakia

The Most emotional match. Bronze Medal Game. Czechoslovakia - Switzerland  5-2 A last historical joint medal and a lot of tears and sadness...

and + a special bonus and one of the unforgettable memorable moments of the last historic mega derby "czechoslovak el classico" Slavia Prague-Sparta Prague in the last historic Czechoslovakia Football league season played under incredible weather conditions, the highlight from 0:47

@hckosice In Poland, 6-7 years ago, a match was played in the snow. The first half was played on relatively green turf, and the second was dancing in the snow with the ball in the background.

1 half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgRbqIkPq2I

2 half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-HNCqFpIBg

Edited by TomJa

Volata a football code invented in 1928 in Mussolini 's Italy. It was a weird mix of handball (field handball then), football association and rugby. Somehow, it looks a bit like current gaelic football to me.

The sport never took off.

Edited by De_Gambassi

2 minutes ago, TomJa said:

@hckosice In Poland, 6-7 years ago, a match was played in the snow. The first half was played on relatively green turf, and the second was dancing in the snow with the ball in the background.

1 half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgRbqIkPq2I

2 half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-HNCqFpIBg

yeah and this one too :p  Wankelekele ensanzi Africa :lol:

7 godzin temu, hckosice napisał:

yeah and this one too :p  Wankelekele ensanzi Africa :lol:

OH MY GOD, I remember that. This match was a laugh in the hall. And at that time he perfectly highlighted all the Polish Football Association's problems ...
Another dramatic match played in the winter season was the clash of Lech Poznań with Juventus Turin (1:1). Then the big problem was a very fast drop in temperature (-12 at the time of the first whistle) and heavy snow falling.

Recent History. October 10, 2019

This Cambodian fan covered 6,000 km to support his country against Iran.
Cambodia lost 14-0, but the man constantly cheered on his idols, up to 90 minutes

72435850_2409347992639031_2116089992571781120_n.jpg

Edited by TomJa