website statistics

Shooting ISSF Shotgun World Championships 2017

phelps

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

I was quite skeptical about it...now I know...this mixed events are unwatchable...basically, it's a farce...

thanks IOC for killing another sport with this **** :facepalm::wall::redcard:

I didn't watch it, how does it work?

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

16 hours ago, Quasit said:

I didn't watch it, how does it work?

well, first all shooters have to shoot 2*25 (50) shots in the qualifying round...

then the guy and the girl's scores are added together and this is the final score for each team (pair)...

top 6 pairs go through to the semifinal stage, where there are 2 groups with 3 pairs each...

they have to shoot once again 25 targets (both the guy and the girl) and the addition of their scores makes the final result for the team...

winners from each group advance to the gold medal match, 2nd pair in each group go to the bronze medal match...

medal matches are again a long 25+25 shots series for both teams...the highest combined score (man + woman) is the eventual winner of the match...

as you can see, the procedure is very long and sometimes also very boring...

in my opinion, to make it a bit more exciting they should buil a direct match ups draw with the top 8 teams instead of that senseless semifinal stage and, bove all, shorten up the medal match ups...

15 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, first all shooters have to shoot 2*25 (50) shots in the qualifying round...

then the guy and the girl's scores are added together and this is the final score for each team (pair)...

top 6 pairs go through to the semifinal stage, where there are 2 groups with 3 pairs each...

they have to shoot once again 25 targets (both the guy and the girl) and the addition of their scores makes the final result for the team...

winners from each group advance to the gold medal match, 2nd pair in each group go to the bronze medal match...

medal matches are again a long 25+25 shots series for both teams...the highest combined score (man + woman) is the eventual winner of the match...

as you can see, the procedure is very long and sometimes also very boring...

in my opinion, to make it a bit more exciting they should buil a direct match ups draw with the top 8 teams instead of that senseless semifinal stage and, bove all, shorten up the medal match ups...

I see, thanks.

Sounds about right for the qualification stage but I agree, another 2x25 series for semifinals and medal matches is too much.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Shotgun World Championships 2017

Men's Junior Double Trap, Final Results

Gold: DEDMAN James (GBR)

Silver: RIZVI Ahvar (IND) 
Bronze: QI Ying (CHN)
4th: ILES-CREVATIN Mitchell (AUS)

5th: YUKHIMENKO Viacheslav (RUS)
6th: VIHAN Shardul (IND)

Team Event:

Gold: INDIA

Silver: ITALY
Bronze: CHINA

Men's Senior Double Trap, Final Results

Gold: FOKEEV Vitaly (RUS)
Silver: MITTAL Ankur (IND)
Bronze: HU Binyuan (CHN)

4th: FRENCH Matthew (GBR)

5th: BARILLA' Antonino (ITA)
6th: DI SPIGNO Daniele (ITA)

Team Event:

Gold: ITALY

Silver: CHINA
Bronze: RUSSIA

Not a great day for Italy, missing out on medals in both the individual events (actually, not even making the final among the juniors)...

moreover, the sad day for us was completed when, at the end of today's competition, Daniele Di Spigno ("only" 42 years old, but twice world champion, current world record holder over 200 targets with unmatchable 194, 10 world cup stages and 2 world cup finals wins, 8 times European champion - and only counting his senior individual achievements) announced his retirement because of lack of motivation after IOC and ISSF dismissed the Double Trap event from the next Olympic Games...