website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

Those times when you're like 5 seconds to late to make a joke and someone else makes it :(

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Braisaz is coming up at shooting 3 now 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

YES, MAKARAINEN!!!!!!!!!! You're Amazing!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I'm afraid and nervous for her going into Pyeongchang though. I still remember Sochi being very disappointing in every race, and this time it's her last chance...

Makarainene finishing her career without an Olympic medal would be... Unjust, to say the least.

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

I'm afraid and nervous for her going into Pyeongchang though. I still remember Sochi being very disappointing in every race, and this time it's her last chance...

Makarainene finishing her career without an Olympic medal would be... Unjust, to say the least.

Let's not talk about that :d If I was the grand architect of the Olympics this year, I would give her 4 medals, because she has been an amazing and inspirational athlete during her long career and Finland will never be the same without her.

I'm also very hopeful she manages to win the overall, but you never know which Makarainen you'll get in Kontiolahti, plus she's still behind Kuzmina if we'd take into account erasing the points from two worst races. (Kuzmina would lose 5, Makarainen would lose a lot and this rule has really messed with her chances before)

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

plus she's still behind Kuzmina if we'd take into account erasing the points from two worst races. (Kuzmina would lose 5, Makarainen would lose a lot and this rule has really messed with her chances before)

I thought that I heard somewhere, this rule is not used anymore this season ? but probably I was wrong.

Anyway this is a very weird system, I never really get why just not count all points, it´s a standing for the whole world cup season

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

I thought that I heard somewhere, this rule is not used anymore this season ? but probably I was wrong.

Anyway this is a very weird system, I never really get why just not count all points, it´s a standing for the whole world cup season

I think it was mostly implemented as a tool/option for the best competitors to miss one stage of the World Cup or not to lose out too much if they're to get sick.

Team Slovakia for Stage 6 in Antholz/Anterselva (ITA)

Spoiler

profil   profil   profil   profil

profil   profil   profil   profil

Sprint Women´s  (18.01)

Anastasiya Kuzmina, Terézia Poliaková, Paulína Fialková, Ivona Fialková

Sprint Men´s (19.01)

Matej Kazár, Martin Otčenáš, Tomáš Hasilla, Michal Kubaliak

Pursuit Women´s (20.01)

Anastasiya Kuzmina ?, Terézia Poliaková ?, Paulína Fialková ?, Ivona Fialková ?

Pursuit Men´s (20.01)

Matej Kazár ?, Martin Otčenáš ?, Tomáš Hasilla ?, Michal Kubaliak ?

Mass Start Women´s (21.01)

Anastasiya Kuzmina

The final pre-Olympic World Cup stage, where athletes can test themselves for the last time, a place where some Olympic teams will be finally decided and a place that some athletes decided to skip for the Olympic preparations. Ladies & Gentlemen, I bring you the hottest start list news for the women's sprint:

Hauser and Innerhofer are the only two Austrians that remain in the team, as Zdouc and Hoffmanm were replaced by Rieder and Hartweger.

Pisareva replaces Yurkevich for Belarus and Popova replaces Kadeva for Bulgaria.

Seems that Canada's A Team has already returned to Canmore for the Olympic preparations, leaving Beaudry, Bankes and Moser in the start list.

Zhang is replaced by Tang for China and Davidova is brought back in for the Czech Republic, replacing Johanidesova.

Beilmann is brought in for Estonia after a brilliant IBU cup race as Grete Gaim says goodbye to the Olympic bid and prepares for the European Championships.

Last attempt for Padial-Hernandez from Spain to score enough IBU points for the Olympics.

Team Finland is small, but tough, because Mari Laukkanen joins Kaisa Makarainen and Laura Toivanen after a short absence from world cup racing.

Dorin-Habert is back in the French team and Justine Braisaz is starting tomorrow after a disappointing mass start race after sickness. Another change is that sadly, Chloe Chevalier is off the team and SImon is brought in.

Yet for another world cup, team Germany remains absolutely the same. Meaning that the only person that ever got a chance besides these six ladies was Karolin Horchler, whilst Dahlmeier was sick.

Szoecs for Hungary is attempting to do the same thing as Hernandez.

Alexia Runggaldier is finally back after a very long sickness, but that sadly means that there'll be no Karin Oberhofer :(

Tanaka is in for Japan, replacing Mitsuhashi and Korea is bringing in their best tomorrow with Frolina, Avvakumova and Mun.

As for Lithuania, Diana Rasimovičiūtė is supposedly going on a training camp for the Olympics and which is why Gabrielė Leščinskaitė is getting a start tomorrow.

Hilde Fenne is back in the team for Norway, Tandrevold perhaps taking a rest/wanting to skip Antholz.

Drastic changes for Team Poland as their A team is probably on a training camp, they're sending Zuk, Mitoraj, Piton and Maka to represent tomorrow.

Yurlova is back for Russia, replacing Slivko and Irene Cadurisch is back after some great performances in IBU cup, replacing Aita Gasparin.

Sweden is also one of the teams that sent their B team and tomorrow's starters are: Nilsson, Alifiravets, Skottheim, Andersson and Lindqvist.

Vita Semerenko is back for Ukraine and joined by Abramova, as Zhurakov steps back and Pidrushina is missing after the DNF in Rupholding.

Finally, USA is starting with four women and it's Reid and Dreissigacker joining Dunklee and Egan.