website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Can someone tell me what are the World cup standings with the worse results taken out? Also are there athletes that will boycott the Russia round?

Not sure about the first question, but as for the boycott: I know USA, Canada, Czech Republic and Ukraine won't go there. As far as I know, the major nations will be there though.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not sure about the first question, but as for the boycott: I know USA, Canada, Czech Republic and Ukraine won't go there. As far as I know, the major nations will be there though.. 

I've read that also some individual athletes like Samuelsson and Bauer will boycott. Some also said they will be there only because they need to be (because of the WC standings).

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

I've read that also some individual athletes like Samuelsson and Bauer will boycott. Some also said they will be there only because they need to be (because of the WC standings).

Which makes exactly zero difference :d 

About Samuelsson, I'll try to ask around because now I'm curious and I can't really find it anywhere. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So I've decided to do some fun research. Since we have so little starters in the world cup tomorrow, I was wondering, perhaps there's someone out there in the start list that would break their World Cup PB just by finishing the race? Well, actually there's a few:

Ajlan Rastic from Serbia, previous best placement in World Cup is 120nd in 14/15 season, so he'll break his PB by a HUGE margin tomorrow if he only finishes

Igor Malinovskii from Russia is also breaking his PB tomorrow as his previous best placement was 86th in 16/17 season

Finally, Kosuke Ozaki from Japan is breaking his PB tomorrow as his previous best result was 86th in 16/17 season

Some people that also have a good chance is Kim Yonggyu (Korea) with previous best 80th, as well as two Latvians - Patrijuks and Slotins with 77th and 71st

And there's another 6 athletes that have never been able to sneak into top 40, but that won't be that easy since most of the top dogs are starting tomorrow. :)