website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

Wow Canada :hyper: Also great performance of Wierer, Respect !

Nastya pity for that first shooting and the 2 misses in first 2 targets, without them she would certainly fought for a podium today. but the final 9th place in her first Individual race since Sochi 2014 :lol: with 3 faults is pretty decent. 2nd fastest skiing time overall some 10 seconds behind Herrmann is just fantastic, she had even the fastest last lap, this is also a very promising sign, now just must focus on shooting to avoid similar mistakes like in the first prone today.

Paulína ok too, after the hard training camp we didn´t expected anything great immediately, but her skiing times looks very well, pity also for the 3 faults, with at least 1 less she would fought for the mass start :( but well any points right now are good, let see in the next races, the peak is expected to come in PyeongChang

14 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Wow Crawford came out of nowhere!! Similar to her sister at the 2006 Winter Olympics.

Hm, I'd argue with the out of nowhere part, it was obvious to see that she had a pretty good ski speed, so it was only the matter of getting the shooting together and my what great shooting she showed today.

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Hm, I'd argue with the out of nowhere part, it was obvious to see that she had a pretty good ski speed, so it was only the matter of getting the shooting together and my what great shooting she showed today.

Yea, but not one expected she would medal.

16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Wow Canada :hyper: Also great performance of Wierer, Respect !

Nastya pity for that first shooting and the 2 misses in first 2 targets, without them she would certainly fought for a podium today. but the final 9th place in her first Individual race since Sochi 2014 :lol: with 3 faults is pretty decent. 2nd fastest skiing time overall some 10 seconds behind Herrmann is just fantastic, she had even the fastest last lap, this is also a very promising sign, now just must focus on shooting to avoid similar mistakes like in the first prone today.

Paulína ok too, after the hard training camp we didn´t expected anything great immediately, but her skiing times looks very well, pity also for the 3 faults, with at least 1 less she would fought for the mass start :( but well any points right now are good, let see in the next races, the peak is expected to come in PyeongChang

Clearly she forgot to use her 'steroids' before this race (I am being sarcastic...) :p

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Yea, but not one expected she would medal.

I'm very happy that she did though. This will most definitely give her the confidence to challenge for more good results, possibly even another podium :) Good luck, team Canada, you're really bringing your A game this year.