website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

il y a 11 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Both Bjoentegard and Gjesbakk are (significantly) faster than Bjoerndalen. There's actually 7 Norwegians in the World Cup top-30 when looking purely at the speed rankings, Bjoerndalen is way, way down in 71st (!) place.

Even Gjermunshaug seems to be faster (despite not having seen him in WC this year)

Paparapaaa, let's look who we're missing on the women's side for tomorrow's race!

Rieder is swapped out and Zdouc is brought in after a good performance in the IBU cup for Austria.

Yurkevich coming in, replacing Pisareva for Belarus.

Yordanova instead of Kadeva for Bulgaria.

Rosanna Crawford is brought back in, replacing Tandy.

One switch for China and The Czechs starting with 6 girls this time, adding Johanidesova.

Mari Laukkanen is missing for Finland and Minkkinen takes her place.

As I predicted, Chloe Chevalier is brought in for France, replacing Simon. Although Marie Dorin-Habert is not starting tomorrow, leaving France with only 5 starters.

Germany does not make any changes in their team, so there's pretty much no chance for anyone in IBU cup to even try qualifying to the Olympics.

Italy trying to become my enemy, by not introducing Karin Oberhofer.

Kazakhstan starting with 5 girls instead of 4 (honestly, had no idea they had 5 quotas)

Drastic changes for team Korea, all three are swapped with Avvakumova, Hwang and Park.

Baiba Bendika is back for Latvia.

Olsbu and Nicolaisen back for Norway, Fenne and Kalkkenberg are swapped out.

Very important changes in the Russian camp as FINALLY Uslugina and Kaisheva are brought in from the IBU cup, although pretty surprising, but Yurlova is missing the individual race, as well as Mironova is out of the team.

Slovenia bringing back their team up to 3 as Poje and Klemencic are introduced.

All three Gasparins for the first time this season together in World Cup along with Haecki, Cadurisch is the one to get replaced.

Both Fialkovas and Poliakova back for Slovakia.

Surprisingly, not a single change in team Sweden, although I'd argue that Hanna Oeberg is one of their strongest candidates.

Vita Semerenko is out for Ukraine, Zhurakov is brought in.

USA surprisingly still remains a two women squad.

il y a 6 minutes, Werloc a déclaré:

USA surprisingly still remains a two women squad.

It seems that the trials take place on two weeks looking at the start list of Arber ...
Risky though, USA are currently 21st (!) in the women nation cup 

1 minute ago, SalamAkhi said:

It seems that the trials take place on two weeks looking at the start list of Arber ...
Risky though, USA are currently 21st (!) in the women nation cup 

Yup, even Lithuania on their worst possible season are closing in :d

15 minutes ago, justony said:

But skiing is only one part of biathlon, so as I wrote in my first post, I would organize some kind of trials among those 4 athletes for final two places with same conditions.

But why would they do that? The others have shown that they are better now than Bjoerndalen, they wouldn't need trials to see that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

But why would they do that? The others have shown that they are better now than Bjoerndalen, they wouldn't need trials to see that.

For me only four are way better, others just have some flashbacks, they were not so consistent. I am aware that would like for sake of history see Bjoerndalen in Korea, therefore much more sense is to give him first leg in Ruhpolding relay and then give final word.

Just now, justony said:

For me only four are way better, others just have some flashbacks, they were not so consistent. I am aware that would like for sake of history see Bjoerndalen in Korea, therefore much more sense is to give him first leg in Ruhpolding relay and then give final word.

But then again, that would make it depend on one race, whereas the others have shown they are better this season. Well, personally I don't care so much, but if I was a Norwegian and also someone who desperately wanted to see my own country win as much as possible, I would hope they don't choose Bjoerndalen :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!