website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

Interesting, there were 104 starters among the women in 2nd world cup and there's only 94 tomorrow in the sprint:

Karolin Horchler was replaced by Franziska Preuss

Kadri Lethla is back for Estonia after a decent performance in IBU cup, replacing Regina Oja.

The situation with Italian women seems to be pretty bad, because with Runggaldier's illness, they're only starting 3 athletes tomorrow (OBERHOFER PLEASE COME BACK)

Seems to be some sort of situation for Austria, as the women's relay didn't start and right now only Innerhofer is signed up for tomorrow.

Another big one is that Domracheva is missing tomorrow.

Both Chevalier sisters are starting tomorrow for France.

Three best Kazach athletes missing.

Only 4 Norwegians with SOLEMDAL out. Fenne, Tandrevold replaced by Nicolaisen and Brun-Lie.

Elisa Gasparin for some reason in IBU cup and only three Swiss starting.

Slovaks starting with one less as well.

Aaaaand that's pretty much it. Dare I say, the easiest sprint of the season by far, with chances for some athletes to sneak in PB's.

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

yep, Terézia Poliaková accompanied Hasilla in the IBU Cup after the very bad performances in the first 2 stages

I'm kinda sad for Hasilla. He was not even the worst performer out of Slovak men and to kick him out merely based on the relay results when the wind was very unfair, I think it seems pretty unfair in his case, especially since he now loses the chance to compete in a venue that's been working for him and arguably, the best performance for the Slovak men's team is recorded in 2013/14 Annecy.

33 minuty temu, Werloc napisał:

Interesting, there were 104 starters among the women in 2nd world cup and there's only 94 tomorrow in the sprint:

Karolin Horchler was replaced by Franziska Preuss

Kadri Lethla is back for Estonia after a decent performance in IBU cup, replacing Regina Oja.

The situation with Italian women seems to be pretty bad, because with Runggaldier's illness, they're only starting 3 athletes tomorrow (OBERHOFER PLEASE COME BACK)

Seems to be some sort of situation for Austria, as the women's relay didn't start and right now only Innerhofer is signed up for tomorrow.

Another big one is that Domracheva is missing tomorrow.

Both Chevalier sisters are starting tomorrow for France.

Three best Kazach athletes missing.

Only 4 Norwegians with SOLEMDAL out. Fenne, Tandrevold replaced by Nicolaisen and Brun-Lie.

Elisa Gasparin for some reason in IBU cup and only three Swiss starting.

Slovaks starting with one less as well.

Aaaaand that's pretty much it. Dare I say, the easiest sprint of the season by far, with chances for some athletes to sneak in PB's.

And in Polish team also is at least one change, after good results in IBU Cup Kamila Żuk will replace Monika Hojnisz which is weak now.

14 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I'm kinda sad for Hasilla. He was not even the worst performer out of Slovak men and to kick him out merely based on the relay results when the wind was very unfair, I think it seems pretty unfair in his case, especially since he now loses the chance to compete in a venue that's been working for him and arguably, the best performance for the Slovak men's team is recorded in 2013/14 Annecy.

well it´s not only the relay, in fact all his previous results (apart the extraordinary mixed relay) were highly disappointing. His shooting this season is really miserable. only some 57% shooting efficiency this season is clearly one of the worst in the circuit so far.

and it looks like it was also his own decision to go to the IBU cup to try to find some confidence and do some tests about his shooting, He apparently totally dismantled his rifle after the relay fiasco and made some adjustments on it, the same he used last season. So he want to retest it in the IBU races this weekend. This is what I´ve read from his quote to our biathlon server https://www.biatlon-info.sk/spravodajstvo/svetovy-pohar/740-fourcade-sa-chysta-na-jt-boea-doma-kuzminova-v-extra-forme-hasilla-rozobral-flintu

Yes, I did not note all of the changes, because I gave up half-way out of being tired :d Anyways, I'm really waiting for this sprint, if our women can't get into top 60 here, they can't do it anywhere. (well, maybe Oberhof, Oberhof is known to be an amazing venue for Diana).

Well, Dahlmeier seems to be on her way back to the top. Kinda sad for Vittozzi, she managed to hold out against Hermann, but still missed out at the end :( Lithuanian performance - abysmal.

Also, I'm wondering why the Swedes are keeping Elisabeth Hogberg in the IBU cup, as it seems that she is the Swede on form at this moment.

Edited by Werloc