website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

Okay, so this is pretty amazing for our weak country. :d

Vytautas Strolia, a former Lithuanian cross-country skier switched to biathlon a couple of years ago with very mixed results and pretty bad shooting. He has participated in two pursuits before today and his previous best placement was 50th place in the sprint yesterday. 0+0+1+1 he showed maturity and his improvement over the years and in pursuits Lithuanians always go backwards, so this is a very nice thing indeed.

It is also the first time since 2015 Antholz (Kočergina) and 2015 Kontiolahti (Leščinskaitė) that a Lithuanian biathlete that is not Tomas Kaukėnas manages to get into top 40.

So this means no Olympics for Dombrovski. I thought he and Kaukenas were a sure thing.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

So this means no Olympics for Dombrovski. I thought he and Kaukenas were a sure thing.

Well, I saw the stable improvement from Vytautas for a couple of seasons, it's just that his shooting was usually his downfall and I guess this season he had turned it around. On the other hand, Dombrovski didn't really improve over the years and that's the result that is unfolding right now.

What is more interesting, is the women selection, where everyone is so surprisingly bad, that it's difficult to choose the two who are the least bad.