website statistics

Volleyball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

2 hours ago, Pabloffo said:

Thank you.  They really need it tonight... after a disaster first set (with referee's aid at some points), the Mexicans played real good in the second one, only to once again give a dismal show in the last one. I hope they improve their game tomorrow against Tunisia, or else the team that is going to Rio is Chile (no offense to anyone, but Algeria is no real threat for the other three teams, but I could be wrong).

On another news, Australia just made things more interesting in the Tokyo qualifier, earning 3 points against China after a 3-1 victory.

10 minutos atrás, mrv86 disse:

Thank you.  They really need it tonight... after a disaster first set (with referee's aid at some points), the Mexicans played real good in the second one, only to once again give a dismal show in the last one. I hope they improve their game tomorrow against Tunisia, or else the team that is going to Rio is Chile (no offense to anyone, but Algeria is no real threat for the other three teams, but I could be wrong).

On another news, Australia just made things more interesting in the Tokyo qualifier, earning 3 points against China after a 3-1 victory.

Tomorrow I think we'll have Mexico vs Chile. So we'll probably find out which team will qualify for Rio.

25 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

:cheer: Fi-NA-LLY  :cheer:

Rio, here we come !

FraCorcovado-500x332.jpg

but what are they trying to prove? I mean, it's obvious that they should have demolished poor Venezuela, but they have been playing like they only want to make it through with the minimum effort.

il y a 10 minutes, mrv86 a déclaré:

but what are they trying to prove? I mean, it's obvious that they should have demolished poor Venezuela, but they have been playing like they only want to make it through with the minimum effort.

It's very much what happened, only the third shit* was convincing. It is not a clinical team by any means as we allready have seen it during the games against Poland and Australia (and it really well might cost them during the olympics btw) 

Edit: *Set, not shit :d

Edited by De_Gambassi

42 minutos atrás, mrv86 disse:

I'm remembering South Korea in the women's tournament. After winning the necessary amount of sets to qualify in the match against Thailand, they went to lost all the remaining sets in the competition. This didn't change the qualified teams, but I hope we won't see the same with already qualified teams tomorrow.

Well, France can't affect the outcome of the qualifiers. The focus should be in Poland instead. I think Iran will beat them easily today, and I wonder what they will do vs Australia tomorrow. That's the most important match of all.