website statistics

Volleyball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

And suddenly Chile seems to be en route to Rio... Mexico is losing with Tunisia 1-2 right now... either they win 4th set or score 23 or more points to advance. If not Chileans will be 12th team

Finally, after 48 years Mexico returns to the Olympics in Volleyball :)

I know it will be hard for them to win more than 10 points in each set, but thanks to this monster of qualification (which I say was unfair to stronger teams) this generation (maybe the best of my country, even when they weren't that impressive) can fulfill their dream of playing in the Summer Games.

23 hours ago, LDOG said:

What I mean is, if the intercontinental tournament would be, instead of Mexico, Chile, Tunisia and Algeria, let's say... Australia, Venezuela, Canada and Tunisia it wouldn't be that bad, right?

still suck.

these teams should improve themselves in the world league not during the olympic.

fair qualification is sth like handball qualification, really nothing is wrong with that qualification

if it's up to me. i get rid of fivb world cup as soon as possible but i knew they want to hold tournament more and more.

so based on the situation it's fair we have this format.

1- fivb world championship gold medalist should directly qualify to the olympic (1 quota)

2- fivb world cup gold medalist also qualify to the olympic and fivb world cup format should change to round-robin and elimination stage consisting of 12 teams. 2nd  fivb world championships medalist and 1st and 2nd of each confederation championships not top ranked team+host (1 quota)

3-top teams from each separate confederation qualification should directly qualify to the oylmpic (5 quota)

and 2nd and 3rd qualify for world olympic qualification

4- in world olympic qualification we should have 2nd-3rd-4th-5th-6th-7th(both)-9th(both) which means 9 teams from world championships + 2nd and 3rd continental qualification which mean 10 teams and another one could be wild card or best teams which has under 30 ranking still don't qualify for WOQT so we have 20 team in world olympic qualification with 4 groups each group has five team , it could 16 teams with 4 group and each group has four team (4 quota)

5- host

Edited by amiry2j

hace 9 minutos, amiry2j said:

still sucks.

these teams should improve themselves in the world league not during the olympic.

fair qualification is sth like handball qualification, really nothing is wrong with that qualification

if it's up to me. i get rid of fivb world cup as soon as possible but i knew they want to hold tournament more and more.

I didn't say I liked that or that it was the best. I was just suggesting how it could improve from the point of view of FIVB, who doesn't want too many european teams.