website statistics

Tennis US Open 2017

hckošice

18 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

No one denies that he deservedly won and made it look easy. He simply beat all of his opponents and it is not his fault everyone else lost early.

But it is also undeniable that the level of the game was quite poor comparing to what we used to watch... 

The highlights for me are Rublev's and Shapovalov's runs. Zverev completely disappointed. It is also a pity Kokkinakis couldn't win after 2-0 lead.

Oh, another thought - Rublev might have great run, but his game is still very very raw, and looks like he didn't improve much compared to 2015. Last year he was even worse.

But Shapovalov on the other hand :hearts: 

Many people talk about this in Tennis community and even here that Nadal didn't face top 20 players , so he doesn't deserve to be mentioned for his Grand slam victory , so I just clarified that it isn't his fault. Shapovalov could be something really big in tennis , I cheer for this player since I saw him in Rogers cup and I hope he just can end Big four dominance in Tennis and doesn't take foot steps of other young players who upsetted us , kyrgios , Dimitrov , Raonic , Theim and Zverev look like they would be the same , it doesn't matter if u win 4 masters , people will remember u for a slam victory 

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

I mean this overall season , who really would think that Nadal would become world no.1 before that season starts , same for Federer ofc

Federer's comeback is way more impressive, in my opinion. He had a serious injury which he successfully overcame. Not to mention that he managed to improve his game at the age of 36. Of course he skipped the clay swing, but at his age that was the smartest thing he could do.

On the other hand, Nadal is still the same old Nadal - we've seen a lot of comebacks and injuries throughout his whole career, which is understable given how physically demanding his gamestyle is. :dunno: His body can't hold up for two complete seasons, it never could.

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Many people talk about this in Tennis community and even here that Nadal didn't face top 20 players , so he doesn't deserve to be mentioned for his Grand slam victory , so I just clarified that it isn't his fault. Shapovalov could be something really big in tennis , I cheer for this player since I saw him in Rogers cup and I hope he just can end Big four dominance in Tennis and doesn't take foot steps of other young players who upsetted us , kyrgios , Dimitrov , Raonic , Theim and Zverev look like they would be the same , it doesn't matter if u win 4 masters , people will remember u for a slam victory 

Rafa won this title fair and square, but he didn't beat anyone worth of mentioning, nor did he play an epic match or something. He was great indeed, but it's also true that his main rivals were either injured or out of form.

Zverev is 7 (seven) years younger than Raonic and 6 (six) years younger than Dimitrov. They're not in the same age group for sure. Both of them could only dream of having 2 Masters title at his age.

Also, are you aware that Andrey and Sascha are the same age? :d Take a look who's had more impact on Tour thus far. Yes, Sascha lost early in NYC, but he always struggles against Borna. Andrey is a very talented player, but as Wanderer said, his game is still raw and his mental strength is far from good. It will be a long journey for him before he reaches top 10 and rack up big titles. Thiem is also an established player, who's been doing a great job last two years. Kyrgios is a streaky player, which he admitted himself, and he'll be always like that, take a look at Wawrinka, for example - an older and maturer version of him.

Question for you: Who do you think is more respected in tennis circuits Čilić or Nalbandian? ;) GS are important, but not everything in tennis.

59 minutes ago, Майкл said:

Federer's comeback is way more impressive, in my opinion. He had a serious injury which he successfully overcame. Not to mention that he managed to improve his game at the age of 36. Of course he skipped the clay swing, but at his age that was the smartest thing he could do.

On the other hand, Nadal is still the same old Nadal - we've seen a lot of comebacks and injuries throughout his whole career, which is understable given how physically demanding his gamestyle is. :dunno: His body can't hold up for two complete seasons, it never could.

Iam a big fan of Federer and i don't like nadal to win :d , but i think he deserved more appreciation of his achievement of winning US open and returning to no.1 this season , well Nadal's performance has been really high from 2007-2013 , so we can't say that he's not been great for 2 seasons in a row , he's simply among the greatest of whom had ever played tennis 

46 minutes ago, Майкл said:

Rafa won this title fair and square, but he didn't beat anyone worth of mentioning, nor did he play an epic match or something. He was great indeed, but it's also true that his main rivals were either injured or out of form.

Zverev is 7 (seven) years younger than Raonic and 6 (six) years younger than Dimitrov. They're not in the same age group for sure. Both of them could only dream of having 2 Masters title at his age.

Also, are you aware that Andrey and Sascha are the same age? :d Take a look who's had more impact on Tour thus far. Yes, Sascha lost early in NYC, but he always struggles against Borna. Andrey is a very talented player, but as Wanderer said, his game is still raw and his mental strength is far from good. It will be a long journey for him before he reaches top 10 and rack up big titles. Thiem is also an established player, who's been doing a great job last two years. Kyrgios is a streaky player, which he admitted himself, and he'll be always like that, take a look at Wawrinka, for example - an older and maturer version of him.

Question for you: Who do you think is more respected in tennis circuits Čilić or Nalbandian? ;) GS are important, but not everything in tennis.

i know Zverev is still very young , but players like Nadal , Murray and Novak were doing much more great things at his age , i can't accept the fact he's never beaten any top 50 player in Grand Slam , despite his achievements this year , he's to work physically much harder to be able to do great things in Grandslams , for your question of course Nalbandian is greater than Cilic , but i didn't mean those players with only a slam and not doing other great things , i mean to be among the best in tennis u should be able to go very far in Grandslams , if Nalbandian didn't make such great results in Grand slams , he wouldn't have been mentioned , yes he didn't win a grand slam , but he was always among the best 4 in many grand slams of his era , he was very close from doing so