website statistics

Tennis US Open 2017

hckošice

16 hours ago, rybak said:

And before Pliskova, Konta, Cibulkova and even Jankovic who was number 1 in ranking without winning GS! Why you didn't mention about them? :mumble:

Because they're not pushers :dunno: Not that Stephens is, but she played like one yesternight

Dnia 10.09.2017 o 16:54, Майкл napisał:

Because they're not pushers :dunno: Not that Stephens is, but she played like one yesternight

And Jelena isnt pusher? Even if isnt she should have won at least one GS as she was #1. Slamless former number 1 looks awful...

5 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Looks like nobody cares about Nadal's 16th GS title? :d

Well, I think at least one person doesn't.

I would have if it was a final worth watching, but this was definitely the most boring men's singles Grand Slam final since Wimbledon 2017 :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I would have if it was a final worth watching, but this was definitely the most boring men's singles Grand Slam final since Wimbledon 2017 :p 

I remember that as if it was yesterday. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

54 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Looks like nobody cares about Nadal's 16th GS title? :d

Well, I think at least one person doesn't.

Whole men's tournament looked like ATP 500 at best. A very few quality matches. Nadal didn't even play a top 20 ranked player to win the title... 

Women's was much better until the SFs and the Final which were as bad as the men's tournament.

Probably the most competitive GS this year was AO for men and RG for women.

I think Nadal totally deserved to win the title , Murray or Djokovic weren't that good before they got injured this season , and they've already got benefit from Nadal absence in past tournaments , he's not responsible for other players not able to win unseeded ones , Dimitrov , Cilic,  kyrgios , zverev , goffin,  tsonga and others , Nadal could have easily lost to unseeded player like these guys did , even the player who defeated Federer in Quarters , Nadal swept Delpotro , it's one of rarest times I see Delpotro not able to get back in such big games , same happened with Anderson , so Nadal is the one who made it.look easy here and he totally deserve this historical comeback

Edited by thepharoah

No one denies that he deservedly won and made it look easy. He simply beat all of his opponents and it is not his fault everyone else lost early.

But it is also undeniable that the level of the game was quite poor comparing to what we used to watch... 

The highlights for me are Rublev's and Shapovalov's runs. Zverev completely disappointed. It is also a pity Kokkinakis couldn't win after 2-0 lead.

Oh, another thought - Rublev might have great run, but his game is still very very raw, and looks like he didn't improve much compared to 2015. Last year he was even worse.

But Shapovalov on the other hand :hearts: 

10 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I think Nadal totally deserved to win the title , Murray or Djokovic weren't that good before they got injured this season , and they've already got benefit from Nadal absence in past tournaments , he's not responsible for other players not able to win unseeded ones , Dimitrov , Cilic,  kyrgios , zverev , goffin,  tsonga and others , Nadal could have easily lost to unseeded player like these guys did , even the player who defeated Federer in Quarters , Nadal swept Delpotro , it's one of rarest times I see Delpotro not able to get back in such big games , same happened with Anderson , so Nadal is the one who made it.look easy here and he totally deserve this historical comeback

Which comeback? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!