website statistics

Tennis US Open 2017

hckošice

Well, my favorites for today: Mannarino-Thiem. I am not satisfied with Dominic's game during USO Series. Actually, his game hasn't changed at all in the last 2-3 years. He sticks to his standard (hard) hitting game which is good enough for some players but Adrian is really tricky opponent, he can mix the game and on decent day is someone who mustun't be underestimated. Potential upset here, but I hope Thiem can secure second week at the Open

Dzumhur-Rublev. Of course, I am always cheering for the youngsters and am really fond of Rublev's game. His forehand is superb, stunning shot! On some level, mentally, Rublev resembles so much on Safin :d Damir played very well in Winston-Salem, seems to be in good form and definitely can beat Rublev. A coin toss.

Federer-Lopez. Only curious if Fed is up for another five-setter or his game will click. Feli... well given H2H shouldn't be a threat, but no one beats Lopez... 13 times in a row? :d

Women's part:

Kanepi-Osaka. Kanepi, even when she was injury free and wasn't coming back from a longer break, wasn't known as a consistent player but rather recognized for her random deep runs occasionally ending with a Premier title or GS quarterfinal. Seems to finding some form, but if Osaka plays like she did against Kerber, with positive winner/ue ratio, should be a win for her. 

Radwanska-Vandweghe. Played recently in Toronto with Aga winning in two... If Coco's hitting is hard and precise enough without hiccups, should be a second win for the American, but Aga's craftiness is undeniable even in such a season she's having.

Ostapenko-Kasatkina. Well, match of the round for me. A 1997-born girls battle. Kasatkina won in the Charleston final, we said okay, it was still clay but Ostapenko ended up with a Roland Garros title (and her first WTA title ever) while Kasatkina is 8-8 after the title. However, in my opinion, Daria stagnated this year and given the fact this is hard, her heavy spin is not as effective as on clay and if she claws back into her passive play, she'll be easy pray for Jelena's attacking game. Oh, and one should always count on Ostapenko's meltdowns in hiccups :d 

Not that much interesting day.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Ostapenko-Kasatkina. Well, match of the round for me. A 1997-born girls battle. Kasatkina won in the Charleston final, we said okay, it was still clay but Ostapenko ended up with a Roland Garros title (and her first WTA title ever) while Kasatkina is 8-8 after the title. However, in my opinion, Daria stagnated this year and given the fact this is hard, her heavy spin is not as effective as on clay and if she claws back into her passive play, she'll be easy pray for Jelena's attacking game. Oh, and one should always count on Ostapenko's meltdowns in hiccups :d 

I disagree. Daria is never an easy oppoent and her stagnation was caused by some injures she's had this year. Ostapenko is more dangerous on clay, because it's tougher to expose her weak-ass serve there.

Edited by Майкл