website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2018

rybak

44 minuty temu, NikolaB napisał:

:IRL  Ryan O'Shaughnessy - Tonight (some kid from UK talent show, song later)

:ESP Alfred and Amaia - Tu Canción  :sick::sick::sick:

Still better than "Do it for you lover" :lol: 

Ireland wants stay in semifinal once again, it seems :mumble:

2 minuty temu, Agger napisał:

You've got to be kidding?

No, it was very specific song, very funny and for me still better than last year Spanish song, where Manel couldn't sing :d

Btw. What do you think about this candidate from Armenia?

5 minutes ago, rybak said:

No, it was very specific song, very funny and for me still better than last year Spanish song, where Manel couldn't sing :d

Btw. What do you think about this candidate from Armenia?

There have been a lot worse singers than Manel Navarro in the ESC.

(Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was great but it deserved much better than it got)

Just saw @Werloc perform at Lithuanian preselection, a little late, but still. Have to admit I am not a musician, but am watching Eurovision closely enough for many years, and this song is really very nice. Quite melodic, very nice connection between lead and back vocals, not too forcing with this rhythm change in the middle of the song. If you nearly made it through first round, you either have a lot of very good performers or there is something ("Eurovision politics like") in the air.

Anyway, once again, congratulations, and best of wishes in next round. For all those who did not seen his performance yet, now is the chance. Enjoy!

1 minute ago, justony said:

If you nearly made it through first round, you either have a lot of very good performers or there is something ("Eurovision politics like") in the air.

Well, I wouldn't call it as much as "Eurovision politics", but it is very important to be famous if you want to get anywhere in the televote. Basically, there are quite a few people that can perform up to 10 times worse than you, but people would still vote for them a lot, because they're "that person". On the other hand, the jury has also shown the tendency to favour those artists that tend to comeback a lot or have a name. Although, I can't really complain there, because even last year I got pretty decent jury votes.

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, I wouldn't call it as much as "Eurovision politics", but it is very important to be famous if you want to get anywhere in the televote. Basically, there are quite a few people that can perform up to 10 times worse than you, but people would still vote for them a lot, because they're "that person". On the other hand, the jury has also shown the tendency to favour those artists that tend to comeback a lot or have a name. Although, I can't really complain there, because even last year I got pretty decent jury votes.

I agree, we have same problem here. For instance some authors come to the contest with many songs for well known artist, so you almost immediately know who will win. We had a couple (Urša and Matjaž Vlašič) winning a lot of time due to their name, as authors. Now we have Raay (part of Maraaya), who is behind three of those songs, competing this year. So, many are already stating in joke, we should change name of our selection from EMA in Raayvision. :) 

Edited by justony