website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2018

rybak

23 hours ago, rybak said:

With just few days left to deadline we don't have any or at least official news about participation from following countries: :ALB:BIH:BUL:CZE:HUN:ISR:ITA:KAZ:MKD:MDA:MNE:MAR:RUS:SMR:SLO

Well, Israel did mention during last years voting that sadly they won't be coming back to Eurovision and they thanked for all of the wonderful years in Eurovision.

Also, did you place that Moroccan flag by accident?

What's the most surprising is that there's no news from Bulgaria as they've been doing very well these past editions.

Edited by Werloc

@Gianlu33 But since Italy comeback to the contest, most of your entries had good results, especially in 2015 and in this year.

@bestmen Yes, it really happened, I saw this in TV, when I watched the final, it happened during interval act when Jamala sang her new song.

@Werloc Yes, they thanked for everything, because their public broadcaster was shut down after Grand Final of this contest, but their new public broadcaster send application to EBU that they want join to this, but process of application is long and by this EBU and new Israeli television signed a temporary agreement that will allow them to participation in next year. But if Israel will not compete in next year it opens the doors of Middle East and African nations which are among EBU members that can compete in the contest, it's reason why I added Moroccan flag. Sole Moroccan entry was when Israel was missing by some reason. And we all know good that Arabic nations don't want compete in anything and anywhere when Israel is there. 

About Bulgaria, their public broadcaster have new general director which have to choosen if he will want see Bulgaria in the contest. It looks that once again Bosnia will not compete due to financial reasons...

Edited by rybak