website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2018

rybak

:AZE is out for the first time ever.

:ARM and :GRE is out for only the second time in history

:AUT 5th consecutive qualification to the finals, best out of all qualified countries tonight.

:CZE qualified for the second time ever.

:IRL in the final after 4 years break.

:ISL and :SUI fails to qualify for the 4th time in the row

:MKD fails to qualify for the 6th time in the row

13 minut temu, uk12points napisał:

Goop point! Georgia are very unlikely to qualify as well! Maybe Cyprus (there is a big Russian connection there) or a new Central European friend, like Czech Republic or Hungary?

Poland? :whistle: I know miracles doesn't happen :d

35 minut temu, Bearas napisał:

:AZE is out for the first time ever.

:ARM and :GRE is out for only the second time in history

:AUT 5th consecutive qualification to the finals, best out of all qualified countries tonight.

:CZE qualified for the second time ever.

:IRL in the final after 4 years break.

:ISL and :SUI fails to qualify for the 4th time in the row

:MKD fails to qualify for the 6th time in the row

There is good chance that in Thursday :RUS and :AUS will join to the club of the first time non qualifications

8 minut temu, dcro napisał:

Aaaand :NOR Norway became odds favorites. I haven't heard their song yet, but name "That's How You Write A Song" sounds super corny + cringy + cheesy. :p

Also it's Rybak...

Its song which would be better entry for Junior Eurovision...

11 horas atrás, dcro disse:

@kungshamra71 Is it true that everyone is always smiling in Portugal, as showcased in these promo videos? :p

It is true they will always (or almost always :p ) smile for tourist yes haha

I recognize we must be one of the friendliest people in Europe for foreigners, even when we dont speak their language and they dont speak/dont want to speak english (like spanish or french tourists).

And i loved the promo videos, really showed many nice towns and places in Portugal! :d

Ok, so I loved everything in this first semi final (the Lisbon intro, the videos between each songs, the really nice "Planet Portugal" and the salvador sobral part), except for the songs :lol:

I mean I know it's eurovision so it is expected to be quite crappy, but I don't think I liked that much even a single one of them this year (maybe Estonia's, because of the nice voice).

Oh well, can't wait for all the intro videos on the second semi final! :lol:

I'm curious about the Dutch Waylon. He's been crying in media all the time because they weren't positive enough :facepalm:

Which led to him boycotting certain newspapers :facepalm:

One of those newspapers 'reviewed' all songs after the rehearsals and then wrote this about him (after the boycot):

148732a26c_waylon.png?w=600&s=655018fd1c

A felt-through tribute to country music. A song that could not have come from deeper inside the singer's soul. You just feel the music flowing through the veins of the artist. Adding the dance style of krumping is a hartwearming innovation on the Eurovision podium.

- This message has been approved by the 2018 Media Handbook, by Waylon.

:p 

And all that lead to memes like this, with the famous North Korean news reader :d 

eb1d6256b2_willem.jpg?w=593&s=1e7ab23609

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!