website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2017

dareza

After day 1: Germany and Czech Republic 3 medals in Olympic events, Belarus and New Zealand 2, Canada, Serbia, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Brazil, Denmark and Portugal 1.

Not bad. But no Hungary :yikes:

Edited by dareza

Congrats to Adel Mojallali for winning our first ever Canoe medal in a senior world championship, I would be much happier if it was another day , but not today after the wrestling disaster.

pity C1 200m is not an Olympic event anymore. if we consider Olympic sports, Iran have won medals in World Championship only in few of them, Canoe becomes number 7 in that short list after Wrestling, Weightlifting, Taekwondo, Judo, Athletics and Archery. ( I didn't count Karate and Sport Climbing)

The Olympic discipline changes are really taking a tall on our team, since we've mostly known for sprinters. 70% of our team changed their disciplines and I think that's one of the primary reasons why we're leaving this competition without medals. Still, 4 finals and a lot of semi's gives me hope that we should fix everything in a year or two.

Edited by Werloc