website statistics

Men's Boxing AIBA World Championships 2017

bestmen

so, 7 medals for Cuba. They had 9 boxers here. But Arlen Lopez deserved medal as well but he had boxer from Kazakhstan as opponent in 1/4, so it was expected that he will be robbed :(

No medal for Brazil, Italy and China :facepalm:

Edited by dareza

11 minutes ago, dareza said:

so, 7 medals for Cuba. They had 9 boxers here. But Arlen Lopez deserved medal as well but he had boxer from Kazakhstan as opponent in 1/4, so it was expected that she will be robbed.

I didn't know women competed here :d

just kidding :p

Australia also won medal. So, after Africa, Oceania also have medal :)

Btw this is worst ever championship for Russia. Only two medals :yikes: And not good championship for European nations at all. Russia is actually with Azerbaijan best European nation with 2 medals :facepalm:

Edited by dareza

25 minutes ago, dareza said:

Australia also won medal. So, after Africa, Oceania also have medal :)

Btw this is worst ever championship for Russia. Only two medals :yikes: And not good championship for European nations at all. Russia is actually with Azerbaijan best European nation with 2 medals :facepalm:

It's easy win a medal when you steal it :d  Good job Russia! Cappai deserved a medal..

Edited by Gianlu33

I maybe biased because I'm from NZ and we haven't had much of a history in Amateur boxing but Nyika put on a clinic against Tischenko the reigning world and Olympic champ. Ha ha ha what a robbery. Even Lawrence Okolie commented as such. This wasn't the only robbery, Whittaker of Eng got robbed as well. What a corrupt sport. 

Edited by Joshi

On 30/8/2017 at 03:20, Joshi said:

I maybe biased because I'm from NZ and we haven't had much of a history in Amateur boxing but Nyika put on a clinic against Tischenko the reigning world and Olympic champ. Ha ha ha what a robbery. Even Lawrence Okolie commented as such. This wasn't the only robbery, Whittaker of Eng got robbed as well. What a corrupt sport. 

naaaa...you're not biased...;)

it's Tishchenko that's overprotected and he's robbing titles here and there in the last 3/4 years...:evil::facepalm::wall:

I've never seen such a modest fighter being carried on by the corrupted AIBA official for so long (generally they gift those kind of people 1, max 2 medals in major events, but he's going on since 2013 World Champs...this is not normal even for AIBA)...