Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Men's Boxing AIBA World Championships 2017

Recommended Posts

bestmen    958

most of the results are fake inverted

 

AIBA is Schizophrenic :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    1,014
37 minutes ago, phelps said:

please, let's get rid of this farce!!!

I saw almost any sort of crazy judgments in boxing, but I never saw anything like today...

Mangiacapre (ITA) won his fight against Zhussupov (KAZ) literally destroying him (the fight was stopped by the event doctor because the Kazakh was bleeding so heavily that almost collapsed on the ring...so, technically it was a pure and simple TKO)...

but then Kazakhstan made an appeal and the technical commission overturned the final result, stating that the score was to be determined by the reading of the judges' cards at the moment of the stop (like the stop came because of an accidental injury of one of the contenders)...and guess what? for the judges the Zhussupov was 2 points ahead and so he was declared as the winner...:yikes::facepalm:

so, the new rule is that you can't win against protected boxers even if you knock them out...

if somehow there's some justice in the world, I hope that Zhussupov at least won't be able to get his feet on the ring for the next round...

 

p.s. of course that was the highlight of the tournament so far, but surely not the only episode of corrupted judging and shameful scores...

nothing has changed in the last months, despite all the "beautiful words" by AIBA officials...

and I think that nothing's gonna change in the future...

so...once again...let's get rid of this farce!!!

 

 

Surprise, surprise.... Kazakhstan were involved. Always the same cohort of nations have all the influence in this non-sport. The farce is so blatant these days that they simply don't care. They will investigate a few referees post-tournament and that will make everything ok ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
De_Gambassi    272
il y a 24 minutes, OlympicIRL a déclaré:

 

 

Surprise, surprise.... Kazakhstan were involved. Always the same cohort of nations have all the influence in this non-sport. The farce is so blatant these days that they simply don't care. They will investigate a few referees post-tournament and that will make everything ok ;)

 

 

The question remains : why the IOC is not acting :mumble:They don't need amateur boxing, they could easely pressure AIBA to have its house in order just like they're doing with weightlifting, or even better, propelling a new organisation to run the sport.

 

Yet, nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    1,014
3 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

 

The question remains : why the IOC is not acting :mumble:They don't need amateur boxing, they could easely pressure AIBA to have its house in order just like they're doing with weightlifting, or even better, propelling a new organisation to run the sport.

 

Yet, nothing.

 

 

It's a very good question honestly. Rio 2016 could hardly have been more farcical for AIBA and yet there is no major boot in their ass to get them to reform. Their reforms a few years ago were a complete joke because they just made it easier to cover up cheating :d

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George_D    78
17 hours ago, bestmen said:

most of the results are fake inverted

 

AIBA is Schizophrenic :lol:

 

AIBA and FIG are the most corrupt federations. AIBA favors the host country and FIG the female american team always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dareza    691

Im really sick of :KAZ in boxing. They will win all 1/4 matches almost sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dareza    691

49kg:

Cuba vs Kazakhstan

Colombia vs Uzbekistan

---------------

no medal for Egorov. So only one medal for Russia at the end :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dareza    691

and no medal for Arlen Lopez. An of course Kazakhstan beat him in 1/4 :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dareza    691

and yes as I said. Kazakhstan had 4 boxers in 1/4 and all of them in 1/2. But I still can't believe that no medal for Lopez.

Edited by dareza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bestmen    958

the president of the Angolan Boxing Federation (FABOXE), Carlos Luís, confirmed  this Monday the escape of three members of the National Team in the World Cup in Germany,:lol:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by bestmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dareza    691
23 hours ago, phelps said:

please, let's get rid of this farce!!!

I saw almost any sort of crazy judgments in boxing, but I never saw anything like today...

Mangiacapre (ITA) won his fight against Zhussupov (KAZ) literally destroying him (the fight was stopped by the event doctor because the Kazakh was bleeding so heavily that almost collapsed on the ring...so, technically it was a pure and simple TKO)...

but then Kazakhstan made an appeal and the technical commission overturned the final result, stating that the score was to be determined by the reading of the judges' cards at the moment of the stop (like the stop came because of an accidental injury of one of the contenders)...and guess what? for the judges the Zhussupov was 2 points ahead and so he was declared as the winner...:yikes::facepalm:

so, the new rule is that you can't win against protected boxers even if you knock them out...

if somehow there's some justice in the world, I hope that Zhussupov at least won't be able to get his feet on the ring for the next round...

 

p.s. of course that was the highlight of the tournament so far, but surely not the only episode of corrupted judging and shameful scores...

nothing has changed in the last months, despite all the "beautiful words" by AIBA officials...

and I think that nothing's gonna change in the future...

so...once again...let's get rid of this farce!!!

 

And he is in semifinal :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×