website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2017

Federer91

A very disappointing day for Iran, we knew that since most of our top guys are retired (or took a break) after Rio but still I was expecting more . we will have our first finalist today but we were 90% sure about that, Yazdani is just in another level and I'm quite sure he will beat the Slovak guy easily in the final.

but the rest of the day was disappointing, Atri and Ehsanpour were terrible, Mohebbi was OK but still he lost when it matters, he lost a very winnable match. which cost him a bronze medal.

now I'm a little worried we may finish the freestyle competition with only one medal ! our tomorrow wrestlers are not convincing at all,

23 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Congrats :d he beating Cox made me smile a bit . but don't expect our wrestler to be nice to him in the final :p this is our only chance for a gold medal in the whole competition.

Thanks. :yes

Well, I have no illusions that the guy will win over your champion, no worries :d This silver is already a mega-surprise, absolutely unexpected, but certainly can help a LOT our wresting which unfortunately is experiencing actually very hard times especially after the Lévai case. I´m not a fan of the foreign athletes competing under our national colors, but must say that if that group of Russians would not come to represent us, our wrestling would be dead long ago.

what a shame in fact, because we were used in the past to be quite decent in this sport, Lohyňa is always considered as a great and highly respected sport person in the country, unfortunately after his retirement There was no one who would replaced him so the general interest of wrestling started to decline, then our federation started to "do some shopping" engaging David Musuľbes (which was a great move tbh :d he won Bronze (now silver) in Beijing 2008 and gained a lot of money for our wrestling) but once again after he retired the things returned back where they were before until arrived Lévai