website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2017

Federer91

Il y a 1 heure , MHSN a déclaré:

well there are a LOT of wrestlers in Iran but I don't think that number is true. but even if that's somehow true, that doesn't mean in freestyle/Greco-Roman there are so many different styles of traditional wrestling in Iran in each province.

I think, they implied UWW wrestlers.

Is there a database somewhere with the number of registered members by federation in you country ?

11 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I think, they implied UWW wrestlers.

Is there a database somewhere with the number of registered members by federation in you country ?

UWW these days covers most of traditional wrestling events.

unfortunately no, I even searcehd a bit but found nothing, not even a hint about that number, so this is just a guess.

well you know things are not that "organized" here comparing to France or other European countries. we just know there are a lot of wrestlers ! specially in northern provinces and in Southwest (only Greco-Roman)

il y a 21 minutes, MHSN a déclaré:

UWW these days covers most of traditional wrestling events.

unfortunately no, I even searcehd a bit but found nothing, not even a hint about that number, so this is just a guess.

well you know things are not that "organized" here comparing to France or other European countries. we just know there are a lot of wrestlers ! specially in northern provinces and in Southwest (only Greco-Roman)

Yes, I realize that. Recently I've been trying to look for precise numbers of federation members around the world, but I often been left empty.

Thank you for your time anyway.

I feel sorry for those people who paid to watch this in the stadium ! not a single action in last 4 matches !!! 59kg final and all 66kg medal matches. !! all 4 matches finished 2-1, all points on cautions and all matches went in favor of UWW favorite countries.

and as usual we never win a match on cautions, no way ! that's in UWW rule book, when there is no technical point, we lose on cautions. !! not saying

vor 4 Stunden schrieb De_Gambassi:

Yes, I realize that. Recently I've been trying to look for precise numbers of federation members around the world, but I often been left empty.

Thank you for your time anyway.

Dont know if you are interested in the numbers for Germany, but apparently the german wrestling federation had 63.631 members last year, which is clearly less than the 74.889 members in 2002. If you are interested in numbers for other sports, just write me a PM.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

il y a 8 minutes, OlympicsFan a déclaré:

Dont know if you are interested in the numbers for Germany, but apparently the german wrestling federation had 63.631 members last year, which is clearly less than the 74.889 members in 2002. If you are interested in numbers for other sports, just write me a PM.

Thank you, but I allready have enough on Germany (from 2001 and onward), likewise with most of western european countries (Spain, Italy,Portugal, The Netherlands, etc.) Sadly, once you go east, datas seem a lot less available (my complete lack of language skills doesn't help neither).

I might compile the numbers at some point and make a thread out of it, but I would like more large nations before that (Poland, Russia, etc.)

For anyone interested, there are 18,747 wrestlers in France, a bit less than a few years ago, but about twice the number of the 90's. Only 75% of them will be UWW wrestlers though.