website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2017

Federer91

1 hour ago, dareza said:

Russian GR team is joke lol. What a debacle

They are still the better team overall and won the team title . interesting that both team winner and runner-up (Iran) didn't win any gold medal.

the thing is in Greco if you make a mistake there are only few chances to score, that's why we have so many surprising results.

3 minutes ago, LDOG said:

That chilean is cuban? He has cuban sounding name.

indeed he is. Cuba had the greatest wrestler ever in this weight (Mijain Lopez) now he is retired (or probably took a break for this year) even their reserve guy was great and almost beat Kayalp here. poor guys were wasting their talents behind that giant.

8 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Yesterday, on french TV, it was said there is one million wrestlers in Iran. @MHSN and others, is there any truth in that number ?

well there are a LOT of wrestlers in Iran but I don't think that number is true. but even if that's somehow true, that doesn't mean in freestyle/Greco-Roman there are so many different styles of traditional wrestling in Iran in each province.

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Wow @ Chile

Sadly, athletes from such nations that lose in semis usually fail to win the bronze eventually. I hope I'm wrong.

yep, Kuchmii is good , that will be 50/50 and most probably refs will decide the winner by their cautions . that's how Nabi (the luckiest man in the earth) beat both of them, by doing nothing !

21 minutes ago, MHSN said:

indeed he is. Cuba had the greatest wrestler ever in this weight (Mijain Lopez) now he is retired (or probably took a break for this year) even their reserve guy was great and almost beat Kayalp here. poor guys were wasting their talents behind that giant.

Don't lie to the guy now, that would be Aleksandr Karelin :evil: 

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Don't lie to the guy now, that would be Aleksandr Karelin :evil: 

well yeah probably but I stil would pick Lopez. he lost few gold medals intentionally otherwise his career would be as good as Karelin and you have to give more credit to Lopez, he won world title under 3 different set of rules.