website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

Ok, so here the mini-film of the big sport tragedy of our Paulína Fialková and what exactly happened in this first shooting today

the pictures are self explanatory but ok, she had a small accident resulting on broken shoot device in her rifle, she didn´t knew that and was just totally devastated why she can not shoot anything...total disaster, she continued alone the whole leg in tears until finally passing the relay to Nastya with huge gap behind all remaining 19 relays around 6 minutes :(

3112197_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

3112259_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

3112217_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

3112233_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

That was so incredibly sad. I hope she'll get over this soon.

Anyway, what an exciting race, after the 2nd shooting I was sure France, Norway and Italy are only racing for silver and bronze, but at the end not only one of them beat Germany, all three did. Peiffer probably feels even worse than Fialkova. If Fourcade catches you despite your advantage, that's okay, he's the best biathlon athlete right now and one of the best of all time, but Windisch and an out of shape Svendsen should really only be capable of beating you if they have an absolutely perfect race and both didn't have that. Peiffer just completely threw away his nerves and made the other countries a big present. Sad for germany, considering what a super strong team they have right now. 

10 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I think Italy just made a mistake :mumble:With Alexia Runggaldier, she would have been slower, but I think a 10/10 is pretty much guaranteed, Nicole Gontier is a bigger risk/higher reward type of situation, but it's a 50/50 with her shooting.

Honestly, I would never choose Gontier in a relay. You can almost bet she'll miss 3-4 shots but it can be even more with her.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Honestly, I would never choose Gontier in a relay. You can almost bet she'll miss 3-4 shots but it can be even more with her.. 

Italian coaches had this doubt but they bet on Gontier not going on penalty lap, if she manage in 6 km she can be at least 40 seconds faster than Runggaldier on cross country.Runggaldier doesn' t have the same shape of last year on ski; the other great problem is that Sanfilippo after sprint had some health problems so i wouldn' t bet on Italy on the podium.

Italy choose to go with all or nothing strategy, Runggaldier  locks a top 5 finish, with Gontier you can arrive 10th but also in 3rd position.

13 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

Italian coaches had this doubt but they bet on Gontier not going on penalty lap, if she manage in 6 km she can be at least 40 seconds faster than Runggaldier on cross country.Runggaldier doesn' t have the same shape of last year on ski; the other great problem is that Sanfilippo after sprint had some health problems so i wouldn' t bet on Italy on the podium.

Italy choose to go with all or nothing strategy, Runggaldier  locks a top 5 finish, with Gontier you can arrive 10th but also in 3rd position.

To be fair, with these odds I don't think there's anything I'd bet on :p

Spoiler

mXpQBt3.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 20 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

To be fair, with these odds I don't think there's anything I'd bet on :p

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

mXpQBt3.png

Why? Hildebrand + Herrmann -> Gold for France, pretty obvious ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.