website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

So, guys? :p

it will take some time...be patient (however, Fourcade did the same move in the pursuit final straight and he wasn't DQ...so, probably we'll be, of course...you can't judge the same thing twice the same way :rofl::facepalm:)...

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Agreed 100%. :p

I'd be very much in favour of a 'don't spoil sports in the threads of other sports' kind of rule. At least for events on that day. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I'd be very much in favour of a 'don't spoil sports in the threads of other sports' kind of rule. At least for events on that day. 

sorry, guys! it wasn't my intention to make a spoiler...it's just anger for what happened at the Gangneung Arena...

however, it's official...no DQ for Italy...so we can enjoy our 8th medal of these Games...:bounce:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

sorry, guys! it wasn't my intention to make a spoiler...it's just anger for what happened at the Gangneung Arena...

however, it's official...no DQ for Italy...so we can enjoy our 8th medal of these Games...:bounce:

Oh I wasn't talking about anything specific, just think it would be a good rule in general :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 33 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Good winner by the way, based on this season. In terms of both women/men, I don't see which country has a bigger depth at the moment. France could theoretically put up a second team and still contest for medals in the mixed. 

Really, i think that's complete nonsense, but ok. Their depth is probably the reason why apart from Fourcade so many of their athletes won individual medals here ...

I think a relay of Herrmann, Preuß, Schempp, Doll would be comfortably better than the second french relay, in the end Fourcade was the only reason why they came close (and eventually won) the gold.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Oh I wasn't talking about anything specific, just think it would be a good rule in general :p 

sure...but since it all started with my post, I feel a little guilty (in this specific circumstance)...

however, once again I agree...it should be a general rule not to spoil other sports results in different threads (meanwhile it's obvious that the specific thread for each sport can have live commentaries)...;)

Of course it's the incorrect decision, but after everything we have seen here, it's not surprising. In the end i am happy for Italy, because getting bronze here would have actually been worse for me as a fan, because this would have reminded me forever at that race when looking at the medal table, a 4th place will be forgotten much easier. Italians seem to be really happy about this very surprising medal, so i think it's better that fans who appreciate this medal "get" it, instead of fans who will never be happy about this medal. Dahlmeier and Peiffer already have gold, Hinz will get hers in the women's relay, so i am only sad for Lesser, who probably will end his career without an olympic gold.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.