website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

14 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

as i "understand" it only those qualified Russians can start under IOC flag, but only those "clean" so some quota will get free i think.

Maybe some clean Russians ranked lower will be able to go in exchange of those "+" ranked as "qualified" - no idea. I don`t get it all as well as how stupid will Russian hockey teams look. Who will get the medals in the medal table since on the last day Russia is back and can start under their flag. So, is this exclusion or suspension till the last day?

Even if the suspension isnlifted during the Olympics the medals won under OAR will not count as “Russian” for record keeping purposes.

• 3 weeks later...
Am 17.12.2017 um 11:26 schrieb prso1000:

Update regarding men qualification ftaer all races in 2016:

1. Lapshin (KOR) 33

2. Roesch (BEL) 35

3. Claude (BEL) 60

4. Guzik (POL) 69

5. Tachizaki (JPN) 77

6. Langer (BEL) 82

7. Koboniki (JPN) 82

8. Nedza (POL) 84

9. Szeczurek (POL) 84

10. Crnkovic (CRO) 88

As one country can have max 2 quota Langer (BEL) is out and we currently have 1 x KOR, 2X BEL, 1 X POL, 2XJPN

But still everything very close. Lapshin and Roesch are safe, Claude probably as well. The rest is still open.

In total 6 races left, 2x WC and 4x IBU Cup.  I would expect that all candidates will focus on the IBU CUP now to have more chances.

Update after Oberhof and Brezno

1 Lapshin KOR 32

2. Roesch BEL 35

3. Claude BEL 56

4. Guzik POL 69

5. Tachizaki JPN 77

6. Nedza POL 79

7. Kobonoki JPN 81

8. Langer BEL 82

9. Sczeurek POL 84

10. Crnkovic CRO 88

And the women:

azGX0qv.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Gabriela Koukalová will very likely miss the Olympics in PyeongChang, There strong rumors in the Czech medias that she had to decline her Olympic participation due to still continuing health problems. According to Czech medias it is what is expected to be announced the 15th January during the Czech Biathlon nomination press conference. source in CZE https://sport.idnes.cz/gabriela-koukalova-nepojede-na-olympijske-hry-pchjongcchang-jizni-korea-1o7-/biatlon.aspx?c=A180111_102815_biatlon_mt2

As expected, but sad :(

The more medal contenders, the better.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Now we know the truth. According to Google Translate, Bjoerndalen wasn't selected because he didn't pass the piano-play selections.

6PxHxq9DSPqpp5cWz0I7vQ.png

Later on... "Biorandlen expressed dissatisfaction with the Norwegian Biathlon Federation and the local Olympic Committee. The athlete is convinced that it would be a good sporting form for piano."

#banbestmen

Looks like we will fulfill all our quotas and send 10 biathletes to PyeongChang. Our Biathlon federation nominated 5 mens and 5 womens for the Olympic Games in Korea. Now they just have to wait like all other Slovak nominated athletes for the 26th January when the General Assembly of the Slovak Olympic Committee will approve the composition of the Slovak Olympic delegation..but it´s more or less just a formality, so very likely this will be our team.

Matej Kazár, Martin Otčenáš, Tomáš Hasilla, Šimon Bartko and Michal Šíma among mens (Expected the first three to compete in all events Sprint and Individual, Bartko and Šíma will split their participations between these 2 events and the guy with better result will form the relay.)

Anastasiya Kuzmina, Paulína Fialková, Ivona Fialková, Terézia Poliaková and Alžbeta Majdišová are nominated among womens (Here again the first three competing in all events, Poliaková very likely the 4th athlete in individual, all 5 in sprint *)

* still not sure if we can field 5 athletes in the womens sprint even if our athlete is defending champion, the coaches are counting on that, but I think they will have to found out if it is even possible before. amazing how our federation work :d

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

* still not sure if we can field 5 athletes in the womens sprint even if our athlete is defending champion, the coaches are counting on that, but I think they will have to found out if it is even possible before. amazing how our federation work :d

...pretty sure that’s not how that works xD