Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

Werloc    887
Just now, hckosice said:

btw worth to mention that Martin Otčenáš showed a very good performance today. from 52 at the start managed to finish 27th :yes

Probably because @dareza didn't cheer for him this time :mumble:

• Haha 2

Quasit    188

Norway is so bad at peaking but first somewhat good result today (men's). :yes

Bohemia    307

So, no 20/20 in the men's pursuit, and only 4 biathletes had only 1 miss, 3 of them being on the podium.

On the women's side, no one with 20/20 either, but 6 with 1 miss (2 of them being on the podium).

Werloc    887

Fourcade approached this race very carefully, with 43rd time in shooting. And whose to say that it is a bad strategy with this unpredictable wind, as silver medalist Samuelsson had the 53rd shooting time. On the other hand, Doll was 11th.

Few more things to note, uncharacteristically slow shooting from Erik Lesser down in 53rd and Nordgren outshot even Simon Eder himself by 5 seconds.

heywoodu    3,390

Apparently Dahlmeier got unwell after her race again, like in Hochfilzen last season. Crying in pain, worrying doctors...she seems to be a bit better now, but still. 

Shiffrin    12
40 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Fourcade approached this race very carefully, with 43rd time in shooting. And whose to say that it is a bad strategy with this unpredictable wind, as silver medalist Samuelsson had the 53rd shooting time. On the other hand, Doll was 11th.

Few more things to note, uncharacteristically slow shooting from Erik Lesser down in 53rd and Nordgren outshot even Simon Eder himself by 5 seconds.

Lesser had a problem with the bullet in one of the shootings so that took quite a while, plus with the wind like in today’s race extremely fast shooting wasn’t a smart tactic.

I wouldn’t be too worried about JTB, from his position only extremely fast shooting would give him a chance to climb up the rankings as much as he’d like. He took a gamble, it obviously didn’t work out, but I’d still see him as a heavy favorite for the individual, even more than Fourcade imo.

hckosice    1,880

Men´s 12.5km Pursuit

1. Martin Fourcade :FRA 32:51.70+1+0+0, 2. Sebastian Samuelsson :SWE 33:03.70+0+1+0, 3. Benedikt Doll :GER 33:06.80+1+0+0 

Full Results HERE

Biathlon+Winter+Olympics+Day+3+8zw3Q9PDE

Werloc    887
10 minutes ago, Shiffrin said:

Lesser had a problem with the bullet in one of the shootings so that took quite a while, plus with the wind like in today’s race extremely fast shooting wasn’t a smart tactic.

I wouldn’t be too worried about JTB, from his position only extremely fast shooting would give him a chance to climb up the rankings as much as he’d like. He took a gamble, it obviously didn’t work out, but I’d still see him as a heavy favorite for the individual, even more than Fourcade imo.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that I saw him shooting a whole minute on livetiming, my memory sometimes abandons me :d

Nathy    31

Great race by Weger, finishing with a diploma :yes

cypher    2
Il y a 5 heures , Shiffrin a déclaré:

For the individual I see Martin as the great favourite.

I predicted gold for him at the poursuit and the Individual. But JTB is not far behind.