Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

prso1000    44
vor 5 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Do you happen to have this for the women as well? :p 

Nope

not interested at all in the women ranking :raspberry:

heywoodu    3,379
2 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Nope

not interested at all in the women ranking :raspberry:

Too bad, I don't care at all about the men's ranking :lol:

dcro    2,850
3 hours ago, prso1000 said:

I tried to do some calculation for the remaining places for men qualification:

Standing after first ibu cup 2017/18

1. Roesch Bel

2. Lapshin Kor

3. Guzik Pol

4. Koboniki Jpn

5. Tachizaki jpn

6. Szecurek Pol

7. Langer Bel

8. Crnkovic Cro

Claude (bel) will probably come in high in this ranking with his next race, therefore currently it looks like 2xbelgium, 1x Korea, 2x Japan and 1x Poland, but still everything is very close and one very good result could change everything.

There's a decent chance that Belgium will be declining quotas (or at least Langer's possible quota). Back in 2014 they qualified in alpine skiing, biathlon and cross-country skiing and yet they didn't send anyone in those sports.

Werloc    887
1 hour ago, dcro said:

There's a decent chance that Belgium will be declining quotas (or at least Langer's possible quota). Back in 2014 they qualified in alpine skiing, biathlon and cross-country skiing and yet they didn't send anyone in those sports.

But can non-qualified countries even get 2 quota's? I thought they'd only take 1 per country from the non-qualifiers?

dcro    2,850
6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

But can non-qualified countries even get 2 quota's? I thought they'd only take 1 per country from the non-qualifiers?

Looks like they can.

02K68UiDSEmszfK01S5Z6A.png

So several nations could still qualify a mixed relay in fact.

Werloc    887
Just now, dcro said:

Looks like they can.

02K68UiDSEmszfK01S5Z6A.png

So several nations could still qualify a mixed relay in fact.

Hm, that means China will probably get 2 women in, most definitely.

And it also means that smaller biathlon countries have pretty much no chance to qualify now.

prso1000    44
vor 1 Stunde schrieb dcro:

I read somewhere that Belgium will send their athletes if they qualify. Langer probably will not qualify anyway as Roesch and Claude are better. Not sure but does it matter if they decline or not, as there is no reallocation of quota? 

Werloc    887
8 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

I read somewhere that Belgium will send their athletes if they qualify. Langer probably will not qualify anyway as Roesch and Claude are better. Not sure but does it matter if they decline or not, as there is no reallocation of quota? 

Well, Langer had a very decent run in the last IBU sprint, I know it seems logical to write him off, but he seems to have stepped up his game.

Jur    81

So, basically, no chances now for Victoria Padial to qualify.

I hate when individual events had 'team oriented' qualification rules, like biathlon or fencing in Summer olympics.

konig    423

For this reason our national team decide to try to qualify in cross country skiing to the Winter Olympics.

heywoodu    3,379
3 hours ago, Jur said:

So, basically, no chances now for Victoria Padial to qualify.

Why not? She's one of the athletes from non-qualified nations who actually do have a chance.

Edited by heywoodu

heywoodu    3,379

If I'm not mistaken, this is the women's points list at the moment (after IBU Cup 1). I've taken into account all results of last season's last trimester, and will add all results of this season's first two trimesters as the competitions go on, only for the athletes from non-qualified nations.

eTtUQ47.png

Edited by heywoodu