website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Werloc:

Because he does not like to perform in windy conditions.

Oh ok ... i thought you said it maybe because Franziska Preuß wasn't allowed to compete today and might be a bit moody.

I agree, but the wind conditions don't really matter anyway, he would have never won a medal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Out of curiousity: what would you guys do when you're someone like Eckhoff and start the sprint with 3 misses? Fight your lungs out for a miraculous 10th place or make it sort of a training session and save energy for the other races? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Gianlu33:

Amazing shooting for Dorothea Weirer! It's a zero! :bowdown:

I think Wierer or Vitozzi will win gold today, congrats, much better than Kuzmina winning it.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Out of curiousity: what would you guys do when you're someone like Eckhoff and start the sprint with 3 misses? Fight your lungs out for a miraculous 10th place or make it sort of a training session and save energy for the other races? 

Save energy for the other competitions. By running your lungs out, you might win a medal in pursuit but destroy your other medal chances, by chilling, you improve your medal chances in the individual and the mass start.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Gianlu33:

No anyone here expect a gold or a medal for us... we just looking for a good starting bib in the pursuit.

You can never expect gold, but Wierer winning gold would be very ok with me, she deserves it and Italy deserves it.

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

No anyone here expect a gold or a medal for us... we just looking for a good starting bib in the pursuit.

But you did see it as a realistic possibility I hope? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Save energy for the other competitions. By running your lungs out, you might win a medal in pursuit but destroy your other medal chances, by chilling, you improve your medal chances in the individual and the mass start.

Yeah exactly, my choice too. Especially when you're a relatively late starter and you know there's several strong athletes with 0-1 misses already.