website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

11 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What does "not like in first 2 races conditions were really good" mean?

The best are able to adapt to all conditions, but thats not the point. If the wind is so strong that basically noone finishes with a clean sheet then something is wrong. Wierer going from 1st to 10th to 1st was almost comical.

if i remember conditions were not so great in the beginning of olympics, i could be wrong anyway

biathlon is not only about clean shooting

vor 29 Minuten schrieb DaniSRB:

if i remember conditions were not so great in the beginning of olympics, i could be wrong anyway

biathlon is not only about clean shooting

I think the conditions were far far better than today, but womens individual had to be postponed due to strong wind. Of course biathlon is not only about clean shooting, but what do you mean with that in this context?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think the conditions were far far better than today, but womens individual had to be postponed due to strong wind. Of course biathlon is not only about clean shooting, but what do you mean with that in this context?

Wierer going from 1st to 10th to 1st was almost comical.

Anyway race was one of the best events of these Olympics, and maybe German coaches made mistake not puting Dahlmeir as first to give confidence to other girls.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb DaniSRB:

Wierer going from 1st to 10th to 1st was almost comical.

Anyway race was one of the best events of these Olympics, and maybe German coaches made mistake not puting Dahlmeir as first to give confidence to other girls.

Its your opinion that this was one of the best events, of course easy to say when your country isnt involved, for me noone who likes fair sport could have really liked it. It wasnt a mistake to not put Dahlmeier first, but it was to not put Hinz first like in basically all the world cups that Germany won. I think the best athletes/teams should get rewarded at the olympics, it clearly didnt happen today so i could never be happy about this result. I said the same about many other events where it wasnt about Germany, but i guess people will still say that i am only saying that because Germany didnt win ...

Of course people will say that this had nothing to do with the conditions, but for me a nation that won 7 of the last 8 world cups, not even coming close to a medal here, in an event that isnt very competitive leaves only one possible conclusion. Most people here are always happy about results like that because their own nation isnt involved, so its not surprising that most people dont agree, they only care about entertainment and want to see surprising results instead of deserved winners.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Its your opinion that this was one of the best events, of course easy to say when your country isnt involved, for me noone who likes fair sport could have really liked it. It wasnt a mistake to not put Dahlmeier first, but it was to not put Hinz first like in basically all the world cups that Germany won. I think the best athletes/teams should get rewarded at the olympics, it clearly didnt happen today so i could never be happy about this result. I said the same about many other events where it wasnt about Germany, but i guess people will still say that i am only saying that because Germany didnt win ...

Of course people will say that this had nothing to do with the conditions, but for me a nation that won 7 of the last 8 world cups, not even coming close to a medal here, in an event that isnt very competitive leaves only one possible conclusion. Most people here are always happy about results like that because their own nation isnt involved, so its not surprising that most people dont agree, they only care about entertainment and want to see surprising results instead of deserved winners.

ok, it's normal that people have different opinions

Women´s Teams 4x6km Relay

1. Belarus :BLR(Nadezhda Skardino, Iryna Kryuko, Dzinara Alimbekava, Darya Domracheva) 1:12.03.40+3 0+6,

2. Sweden :SWE(Linn Persson, Mona Brorsson, Anna Magnusson, Hanna Oeberg) 1:12.14.10+7 0+5,

3. France :FRA(Anais Chevalier, Marie Dorin Habert, Justine Braisaz, Anais Bescond) 1:12.21.00+6 0+8

Full Results HERE

Biathlon+Winter+Olympics+Day+13+p6qpdJO5

I recorded the race and WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH. 

Ofc this result doesn't represent the strength of the teams but still it was hilarious. Wierer going from first to tenth and back to first, Finland for a moment looked like they could end makarainen's olympic nightmare, freakin poland leads at the last exchange, Öberg wins silver after Sweden completely fucked up the first 3/4 of their race. Domracheva almost gives away gold but rescues it with her three final shots. This race had so many crazy moments it's unbelievable 

1 hour ago, Gigs said:

I recorded the race and WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH. 

Ofc this result doesn't represent the strength of the teams but still it was hilarious. Wierer going from first to tenth and back to first, Finland for a moment looked like they could end makarainen's olympic nightmare, freakin poland leads at the last exchange, Öberg wins silver after Sweden completely fucked up the first 3/4 of their race. Domracheva almost gives away gold but rescues it with her three final shots. This race had so many crazy moments it's unbelievable 

Anna Magnusson gained about half a minute on the lead :evil:

No doubt Öberg was the main reason for the medal, but Magnusson did pretty well especially by doing great on the 2nd shooting.