website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

Right, so which women do we all think we won't see anymore in races (apart from the other World Cups)? Anyone apart from Dorin Habert who has already confirmed retirement? I'm expecting Dahlmeier, apparently Kaisa says she'll continue as long as she enjoys it? How about the likes of Domracheva and Kuzmina? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah, thats also true. Hinz would have been a better decision, still conditions were completely unfair. How many athletes did get through with a clean sheet? Wierer moved from first, to 1 minute back to first again within a couple of minutes, that alone should be proof enough. This race takes place once every four years, obviously officials never did sport at a level like this, otherwise they could have never made such disgusting decisions.

not like in first 2 races conditions were really good :p

you need to adapt at any conditions if you want to be the best

This made me giggle :p

Spoiler

180222_284411_Copyright-ProShots-2007935

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 32 Minuten schrieb DaniSRB:

not like in first 2 races conditions were really good :p

you need to adapt at any conditions if you want to be the best

What does "not like in first 2 races conditions were really good" mean?

The best are able to adapt to all conditions, but thats not the point. If the wind is so strong that basically noone finishes with a clean sheet then something is wrong. Wierer going from 1st to 10th to 1st was almost comical.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb EselTheDonkey:

I'm angry. This was by far Germany's most disappointing result during these Games, and I'm totally blaming Gerald Hönig.

Of course its not surprising that Preuß again (almost) messed up, its not her fault, still the wind played a much more important role. I agree about this being completey shit though, from gold medal favorite in the last two relays to not a single medal. Add the horrible results in skeleton and luge and you get disastrous games for Germany, without even mentioning the result of womens giant slalom.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.