website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

1 minute ago, Bohemia said:

Great podium, finally I didn't miss a good biathlon race!

The only problem is I had none of these teams in my predictions, oops :lol:

I'm sure you're the only one who lost points because of Belarus winning :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 минуты назад, OlympicsFan сказал:

Lol ...

Then why are competitions ever postponed or cancelled ... i mean same for everybody. - 50° C? Dont care, maybe some people will freeze to death, but its the same for everybody, so no problem. Of course i know that this discussion makes no sense, because its belarus that won the gold and if this would have been against belarus, you would be saying the complete opposite, so i have no illusion about you changing your opinion. Surprises me every time how people can watch a competition like that and call it fair, when results are completely different than what we have seen for the past couple of years, it only shows that most people on here never did sport at a decent level on their own and therefore have no clue what it feels like to train for so long and then getting robbed by some officials that dont care about fair sport, rather its 99% about nationality. This attitude will never change here, so why even bother to quote me if we both know that you dont care about fairness but only about the nationality of the winner?

They didn't train well. Preuß and Herrmann need to go and practice shooting.

1 minute ago, FC Mezhgorye said:

They didn't train well. Preuß and Herrmann need to go and practice shooting.

Herrmann needs more time. Preuss needs someone to help her deal with pressure..there's no doubt she is very much capable of keeping Germany right up there in the top-3 when starting a relay. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Lol ...

Then why are competitions ever postponed or cancelled ... i mean same for everybody. - 50° C? Dont care, maybe some people will freeze to death, but its the same for everybody, so no problem. Of course i know that this discussion makes no sense, because its belarus that won the gold and if this would have been against belarus, you would be saying the complete opposite, so i have no illusion about you changing your opinion. Surprises me every time how people can watch a competition like that and call it fair, when results are completely different than what we have seen for the past couple of years, it only shows that most people on here never did sport at a decent level on their own and therefore have no clue what it feels like to train for so long and then getting robbed by some officials that dont care about fair sport, rather its 99% about nationality. This attitude will never change here, so why even bother to quote me if we both know that you dont care about fairness but only about the nationality of the winner?

Nope, I would have no problems if Germany won either, its biathletes are awesome and I would be more than happy to see them on the top. :dunno:

il y a 5 minutes, OlympicsFan a déclaré:

Lol ...

It's called sport you know, not engineering...

Dahlmeier retiring and german television therefore stopping to broadcast would be the best thing that could happen, sadly not likely. Would really like to know which IBU official is responsible for all those insane decisions this season, he is probably earning very good ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb De_Gambassi:

It's called sport you know, not engineering...

No, its called wind lottery, you know, not sport.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb DaniSRB:

maybe they are not girls for big things unlike Dahlmeier? :p

Yeah, thats also true. Hinz would have been a better decision, still conditions were completely unfair. How many athletes did get through with a clean sheet? Wierer moved from first, to 1 minute back to first again within a couple of minutes, that alone should be proof enough. This race takes place once every four years, obviously officials never did sport at a level like this, otherwise they could have never made such disgusting decisions.