website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

vor 2 Stunden schrieb De_Gambassi:

Three french girls (Braisaz, Bescond, Chevalier) in the last group  They're betting on something, and they are the only ones to do so :mumble:

I think it's very clever. With the way everyone has shot this week, it is very possible that none of the top athletes will finish without a miss, to they will be able to shoot slower and go for 0 and i think in that case one of them would be bound to get through without a miss and win a medal. Maybe they also think: The later it gets, the colder = faster it gets.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Apparently the women's biathlon will be rescheduled :mad:

Better than letting it go through with a ton of wind. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also, it's confirmed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

We should thank god that there are indoor events, otherwise the olympics would probably last 2 months. My dream is to see olympics in central/northern europe at least one more time in my lifetime. Winter olympics in Oslo, Davos or Munich would be a dream come true.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

il y a 24 minutes, OlympicsFan a déclaré:

I think it's very clever. With the way everyone has shot this week, it is very possible that none of the top athletes will finish without a miss, to they will be able to shoot slower and go for 0 and i think in that case one of them would be bound to get through without a miss and win a medal. Maybe they also think: The later it gets, the colder = faster it gets.

Yes, the strategy is (well, was...) rather clear. My interrogation was more about  other nations not doing the same.

Good thing is women's biathlon will now be the only medal event going on at that time, so no overlap with (possibly) the end of speed skating and the entire first run in doubles luge :cheer:

vor 7 Minuten schrieb De_Gambassi:

Yes, the strategy is (well, was...) rather clear. My interrogation was more about  other nations not doing the same.

Other nations don't have multiple medal contenders.