website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

Fourcade approached this race very carefully, with 43rd time in shooting. And whose to say that it is a bad strategy with this unpredictable wind, as silver medalist Samuelsson had the 53rd shooting time. On the other hand, Doll was 11th.

Few more things to note, uncharacteristically slow shooting from Erik Lesser down in 53rd and Nordgren outshot even Simon Eder himself by 5 seconds.

Apparently Dahlmeier got unwell after her race again, like in Hochfilzen last season. Crying in pain, worrying doctors...she seems to be a bit better now, but still. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

40 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Fourcade approached this race very carefully, with 43rd time in shooting. And whose to say that it is a bad strategy with this unpredictable wind, as silver medalist Samuelsson had the 53rd shooting time. On the other hand, Doll was 11th.

Few more things to note, uncharacteristically slow shooting from Erik Lesser down in 53rd and Nordgren outshot even Simon Eder himself by 5 seconds.

Lesser had a problem with the bullet in one of the shootings so that took quite a while, plus with the wind like in today’s race extremely fast shooting wasn’t a smart tactic.

I wouldn’t be too worried about JTB, from his position only extremely fast shooting would give him a chance to climb up the rankings as much as he’d like. He took a gamble, it obviously didn’t work out, but I’d still see him as a heavy favorite for the individual, even more than Fourcade imo.

10 minutes ago, Shiffrin said:

Lesser had a problem with the bullet in one of the shootings so that took quite a while, plus with the wind like in today’s race extremely fast shooting wasn’t a smart tactic.

I wouldn’t be too worried about JTB, from his position only extremely fast shooting would give him a chance to climb up the rankings as much as he’d like. He took a gamble, it obviously didn’t work out, but I’d still see him as a heavy favorite for the individual, even more than Fourcade imo.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that I saw him shooting a whole minute on livetiming, my memory sometimes abandons me :d