website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

Biathlon - Shipulin, Volkov, Garanichev, Loginov, Starykh,   Eliseev.  Tsvetkov, Shopin, Virolaynen, Mironova, Slivko, Uslugina, Yurlova-Percht

EDIT - "Only three people are allowed from the whole biathlon team"

Hold on a minute, let's get some things straight here:

-  'Three people are allowed."

- Anton Babikov is not mentioned, that's 1.

- Tatiana Akimova is not mentioned, that's 2.

- Olga Podchufarova is not mentioned, that's 3.

Where the hell is Kaisheva? Don't tell me almost literally the entire team has been rejected from the Olympics and the assholes at the Russian federation still aren't letting her go?!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

"Russian biathletes are considering the possibility of refusing to participate in the Olympic Games in Pyeongchang, according to the "Soviet Sport" referring to the Russian Biathlon Union (UBR)"

46 minutes ago, Dragon said:

"Russian biathletes are considering the possibility of refusing to participate in the Olympic Games in Pyeongchang, according to the "Soviet Sport" referring to the Russian Biathlon Union (UBR)"

I highly doubt they'd do so of their own will (although of course that would be the official story).

17 минут назад, heywoodu сказал:

I highly doubt they'd do so of their own will (although of course that would be the official story).

I'd say it's very possible it'll be their own decision. They won't perform even in the mixed relay, none of aproved athletes is a medal contender in individual events. It really doesn't make much sense to go there for nothing and walk in grey uniform like a prisoner. If there was the whole team, it would be at least fun. 

9 minutes ago, vovanA said:

I'd say it's very possible it'll be their own decision. They won't perform even in the mixed relay, none of aproved athletes is a medal contender in individual events. It really doesn't make much sense to go there for nothing and walk in grey uniform like a prisoner. If there was the whole team, it would be at least fun. 

Babikov, Akimova and even Kaisheva are all outsiders for medals (three of the many, many outsiders in biathlon). Sure, not favourites (like Shipulin who had a pretty decent medal chance, or Yurlova in a lesser way), but definitely athletes with a chance on a good day.

Edited by heywoodu

30 минут назад, heywoodu сказал:

Babikov, Akimova and even Kaisheva are all outsiders for medals (three of the many, many outsiders in biathlon). Sure, not favourites (like Shipulin who had a pretty decent medal chance, or Yurlova in a lesser way), but definitely athletes with a chance on a good day.

They will have the same prize money in Russia if they perform or not. So why spend 9 hours flying to Korea where the audience will only boo you?

11 minutes ago, vovanA said:

They will have the same prize money in Russia if they perform or not.

Lol.

So why spend 9 hours flying to Korea where the audience will only boo you?

Because it's the Olympics and you have a chance to perform well there. And because if they have a set of balls, they could even use it to show they're not letting 'the big bad conspiracy west' (or whatever they are calling it, depending on whether or not they're conspiracy people) win. 

Только что, heywoodu сказал:

Lol.

Because it's the Olympics and you have a chance to perform well there. And because if they have a set of balls, they could even use it to show they're not letting 'the big bad conspiracy west' (or whatever they are calling it, depending on whether or not they're conspiracy people) win. 

I hope they will go but many will consider them as traitors

Just now, vovanA said:

I hope they will go but many will consider them as traitors

I hope the same, and I especially hope to see Kaisheva perform great (maybe even medal), and show the Russian federation/coaches that ignoring her forever was an immensely stupid thing to do. She deserved to be a World Cup regular long ago and she's still being forced to (almost) only compete in IBU Cups, which are way below her level.