website statistics

Men's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2017

George_D

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 22:09, LDOG said:

Italy won't play their best team here, I don't see them challenging any top position.

Winner will be France or Serbia, maybe Russia could win too if they have a good week. Poland I feel will dissapoint. Germany with Grozer comeback is a nice bet for dark horse.

My post on page 2 :d guess Russia is gonna win.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb EselTheDonkey:

I can't believe it. This is biggest surprise of the year for Germany in sports so far. :yikes::clap:

I dont agree, i think Wieczerzak, Bachmann or Doll winning gold was a bigger surprise, probably even Schmidt winning bronze.

The coach is the main reason for this, but i also think that adding many young players was very important, after the team had been basically the same for many years. This really changed things up and brought a whole new dynamic to this team.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb OlympicsFan:

I dont agree, i think Wieczerzak, Bachmann or Doll winning gold was a bigger surprise, probably even Schmidt winning bronze.

The coach is the main reason for this, but i also think that adding many young players was very important, after the team had been basically the same for many years. This really changed things up and brought a whole new dynamic to this team.

Doll was not that big a surprise, IMO. He was always one of the fastest, and it was clear, that he could win a race if he finally doesn't miss the targets. Wieczerzak was very good as a junior and had a long injury. Schmidt I agree was a big surprise as well. And to be honest, I had to google Bachmann because I never heard of him. I'm just not interested in Taekwondo. So I don't know how surprising this was.