website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2018

hckošice

@phelps some good news, Slovak TV revealed the schedule for the World Championships. All 64 matches will be covered, 31 in live and remaining 33 on delayed replays. 10 games in STV 1 (including all 7 games of SVK in the preliminary round, then 1 QF, 1 SF and the Gold medal game.) all remaining matches will be on STV 2. + every evening after the last live match there will be "MS v Kocke" a 30 minutes daily recap with highlights of all todays games. + all matches will be streamed live on the TV website :thumbup:

the program can be found here https://www.rtvs.sk/televizia/tv-program?date=2018-05-04

Adesso, hckosice ha scritto:

@phelps some good news, Slovak TV revealed the schedule for the World Championships. All 64 matches will be covered, 31 in live and remaining 33 on delayed replays. 10 games in STV 1 (including all 7 games of SVK in the preliminary round, then 1 QF, 1 SF and the Gold medal game.) all remaining matches will be on STV 2. + every evening after the last live match there will be "MS v Kocke" a 30 minutes daily recap with highlights of all todays games. + all matches will be streamed live on the TV website :thumbup:

the program can be found here https://www.rtvs.sk/televizia/tv-program?date=2018-05-04

yeah, I saw during the Extraliga final they've taken the bad attitude of the Italian networks to put announcements on the screen...they already have the countdown to the Worlds since a few days...:facepalm:

and since I can watch Czech, Slovak, German, Austrian and Swiss TV, I guess I won't miss any match I want not to miss...:lol:

p.s. about the online streaming, here in Italy we don't have almost any tv coverage (probably only the semis and the final, but it's not official yet), but at least we have all the 64 games working on the IIHF Youtube channels...so, I'm OK also with that...

p.p.s. earlier today I watched Zdeno Chara's Boston Bruins in the amazing game #7 of the NHL playoffs round #1 against Toronto...one of the best matches of the playoffs so far...;)

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

p.p.s. earlier today I watched Zdeno Chara's Boston Bruins in the amazing game #7 of the NHL playoffs round #1 against Toronto...one of the best matches of the playoffs so far...;)

yeah.. great for Zdeno, bad for us :p  looks we will have only 3 NHLers this year, I miss Pánik (personal problems + expecting the firstborn child in first May week), Halák (expired contract) and Gáborík (Injury - yes, again...), such shame we really need them, gonna be hard again to reach the quarterfinals

Road to IIHF World Championships

Exhibition Games

Thursday April 26th, 2018

Finland - Russia  3 - 2  After Penalty Shoot-Outs  (*EURO-HOCKEY TOUR)

Czech Republic - Sweden  1 - 3  (*EURO-HOCKEY TOUR)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Austria - Belarus  3 - 2

Russia "B" - Norway "B"   4 - 2

Latvia - Switzerland  1 - 2  After Overtime

Exhibition Games

Friday April 27th, 2018

Germany - South Korea  4 - 3

Norway "B" - Austria  1 - 3

Slovakia - France  4 - 0

Belarus - Norway  1 - 2

Russia "B" - Belarus "B"  1 - 0  After Overtime

Latvia - Switzerland  0 - 3

Exhibition Games

Saturday April 28th, 2018

Finland - Czech Republic  5 - 2  (*EURO-HOCKEY TOUR)

Sweden - Russia  3 - 1  (*EURO-HOCKEY TOUR)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belarus "B" - Norway "B"  5 - 2

Slovakia - France   2 - 3

Belarus - Norway   3 - 2  After Overtime

Russia "B" - Austria  4 - 3  After Overtime

We lost yesterday the last test match before the WCh after a let say some 40% effort from the team, players clearly trying to not get injured and key guys only on the bench after 1st period to France.

but well, in overall quite well preparation from our guys, after two debacles in Sweden in the first week came then in the next weeks 6 winning matches streak in a row (2x in Germany, 2x against Latvia at home, win against S. Korea and win in the first match against France with clearly the best performance of all preparation periods, then as said the lost 2-3 yesterday, so the guys showed that we can have hopes for a successful fight for the quarterfinals this year, which remains our main goal.

The final roster flying to Denmark will be known in the next few hours

The teams agreed also yesterday to trains after the match (however the result will be) the penalty shoot-outs, and we had the possibility to see thisbeautiful jewel from Bakoš :hatoff:

Highlights fro the last two test matches against France

Spoiler

Match 1 

SVK-FRA  4-0

Match 2

SVK-FRA 2-3

Highlights added soon

:SVK TEAM SLOVAKIA :SVK

Goaltenders:

Marek Čiliak  (HC Kometa Brno, :CZE )

Patrik Rybár  (Mountfield HK Hradec Králové, :CZE )

Denis Godla  (KalPa Kuopio, :FIN )

Defencers:

Adam Jánošík  (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec, :CZE ) 

Michal Čajkovský  (Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, KHL, :RUS )

Marek Ďaloga  (HC Sparta Praha, :CZE )

Martin Fehérváry  (IK Oskarshamn, Allsvenskan, :SWE )

Dominik Graňák  (Mountfield HK Hradec Králové, :CZE )

Mário Grman  (Piráti Chomutov, :CZE )

Christián Jaroš  (Ottawa Senators, NHL, :CAN / Belleville Senators, AHL, :CAN )

Andrej Sekera  (Edmonton Oilers, NHL, :CAN ) 

Forwards:

Pavol Skalický  (HC 05 Banská Bystrica )

Martin Bakoš  (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec, :CZE )

Lukáš Cingel  (Mountfield HK Hradec Králové, :CZE )

Dávid Bondra  (HK Poprad )

Dávid Buc  (HK Poprad )

Patrik Svitana  (HK Poprad )

Michal Krištof  (HK Nitra )

Juraj Mikúš  (HC Litvínov, :CZE )

Marcel Haščák  (HC Kometa Brno, :CZE )

Tomáš Marcinko  (HC Oceláři Třinec, :CZE )

Andrej Kudrna  (HC Sparta Praha, :CZE )

Ladislav Nagy  (HC Košice )

Marek Hovorka  (HC Košice )

Tomáš Jurčo  (Chicago Blackhawks, NHL, :USA / Rockford IceHogs, AHL, :USA )