website statistics

Equestrian FEI Dressage & Jumping European Championships 2017

dcro

Il y a 1 heure , OlympicIRL a déclaré:

I can't put it into words but this feels so amazing. I have so many bitter experiences as an Ireland fan and not just in equestrian (but especially in equestrian) and I really needed a night like this for so long to lift the spirits. Just great!!! :)

Have you had any team world/continental championship since the last jumping title in 2001 ?(and no the Six Nations or the AFL International Cup doesn''t count :p)

Edit: as far as France is concerned, we will nd up this equestrian championships with 0 medals. And yet, it feels like it's the best thing that could ever happen post rio succeses and looking to Tokyo.

Edited by De_Gambassi

17 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Have you had any team world/continental championship since the last jumping title in 2001 ?(and no the Six Nations or the AFL International Cup doesn''t count :p)

Edit: as far as France is concerned, we will nd up this equestrian championships with 0 medals. And yet, it feels like it's the best thing that could ever happen post rio succeses and looking to Tokyo.

Hmm, I think this is the first team title since then, at least I can't think of any other. We did however win the last ever A1GP World championships which was the most awesome motor sports competition ever :d

We barely even compete in many team sports (volleyball, handball, water polo are basically non-existent for us or close enough and only just recently we started entering some national teams in basketball).

Only thing that matters here when it boils down to it is Gaelic sports unfortunately. It sucks everything in. 

il y a 19 minutes, OlympicIRL a déclaré:

Hmm, I think this is the first team title since then, at least I can't think of any other. We did however win the last ever A1GP World championships which was the most awesome motor sports competition ever :d

We barely even compete in many team sports (volleyball, handball, water polo are basically non-existent for us or close enough and only just recently we started entering some national teams in basketball).

Ah yeah, tha A1GP, now that you mentioning it (and that I wikepedia it), I remember now :d

By team, I didn't specifically mean teamsport, just something with more than two persons competeting in.

Citation

Only thing that matters here when it boils down to it is Gaelic sports unfortunately. It sucks everything in. 

Spoiler

GAA football is the best football code not called rugby anyway...:rolleyes:

Spoiler

(a spolier under a spoiler ?)

Spoiler

You can ditch GAA handball if you want though :p

Edited by De_Gambassi

13 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Ah yeah, tha A1GP, now that you mentioning it (and that I wikepedia it), I remember now :d

By team, I didn't specifically mean teamsport, just something with more than two persons competeting in.

Hide contents

GAA football is the best football code not called rugby anyway...:rolleyes:

Hide contents

(a spolier under a spoiler ?)

Hide contents

You can ditch GAA handball if you want though :p

Haha, loved the spoiler suspense, felt like I was opening up a package with multiple wrappings :d

No Olympic team events anyway that I can think of, maybe some cross country or trap shooting team events or something similar but I don't remember anything of note :d

Here we call the GAA handball simply "handball" and the international version "Olympic handball", because it is a weird exotic sport here that no one sees but at the Olympics :d

Could someone please tell me, why Germany competed with such a horrible team in jumping? Where are Ahlmann, Deußer, Meredith etc.?

What happened in eventing? How did Germany not win gold in the team?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Eventing is one of the most unpredictable discipilines in all of summer sports. The German team had one error too much in the endurance competition. Get used to it, it will become even more unpredictable at the Olympics with only three competitors per team and without a drop result.