website statistics

Equestrian FEI Dressage & Jumping European Championships 2017

dcro

It's that time of the year again. :d:cheer:

Nominated entries have been published (these also include all the reserves... teams can choose max 4 athletes). Some teams have already published their final teams, which can be found here. I will write a review here once that all definite entries are in. :)

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Jumping European Championships nominated entries are out here too... Welcome :MKD Macedonia. :cheer:

Meanwhile, even though they have enough athletes on the nominated entries list, in a shocking decision Britain decided not to fill a team, but only 2 individuals instead! :yikes: That must be the first time in history.

#banbestmen

25 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

It's sad that our dressage scene is as bad as ever..... if you remove Judy from the picture then there is nothing.

I think I've read few months ago that Ireland was planning to field a team, but wasn't to be apparently. :( Weird, because both James Connor and Roland Tong have achieved their qualifications.

Well, at least Judy has every chance for placing within the top 10 here.

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

I think I've read few months ago that Ireland was planning to field a team, but wasn't to be apparently. :( Weird, because both James Connor and Roland Tong have achieved their qualifications.

Well, at least Judy has every chance for placing within the top 10 here.

The Irish federations like to do a lot of talking and planning but in the end usually nothing comes from it. How hard can it be to field a team or to organise some kind of plan to get up to that standard? Sometimes I wonder why we have Chef d'Equipes or head coaches in many sports at all for all they contribute.

Edited by OlympicIRL

Correction for :POL - due to injury of one of top horses (I don't know which one) there will be no Polish team "for it has no chance for good result" (official information of Polish Equestrian Federation). The only Polish pair will be Kaźmierczak on Stakorado.

3 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Correction for :POL - due to injury of one of top horses (I don't know which one) there will be no Polish team "for it has no chance for good result" (official information of Polish Equestrian Federation). The only Polish pair will be Kaźmierczak on Stakorado.

Well, that's unfortunate.

I never understand such decisions, you will not learn something new at home. :dunno:

#banbestmen

Definite entries are out. 69 athletes from 21 nations will compete. That's 3 athletes less than what nominated entries suggested as BEL/POL will be sending a team of 3 instead of 4 and Italy withdrew altogether.

It's highly dissapointing to see :ITA Italy completely missing the event (for the first time ever perhaps). :( Pia Laus-Schneider was in great shape with Shadow this season, but I guess some injury came up. Same goes for Norma Paoli. :dunno: Also :LUX Luxembourg... They had a complete team at the 2013-2015 World and European championships, but this time they don't compete at all.  :(

#banbestmen