website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2017

George_D

Plus the whole thing where everybody was super hyped for Bolt's final individual race and then everyone was exploding out of their pants of angriness was just freakishly hilarious.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Plus the whole thing where everybody was super hyped for Bolt's final individual race and then everyone was exploding out of their pants of angriness was just freakishly hilarious.

When he did the "shhhh" I laughed so hard

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

2 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

When he did the "shhhh" I laughed so hard

Me too :d 

In Dutch we have a saying, 'mondjes snoeren', which is like 'shutting some little mouths'. Quite often this is said when for example everyone is saying athlete A is done and should retire, but then athlete A comes and wins, something like that. Gatlin had a rather perfect example of that yesterday :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's not entirely true. Just like most people will remember Bolt as a great athlete, but quite a lot of people will remember him (and his countrymen) as 'the athletes coming from that country where doping controls were extremely amateuristic according to the stories'. So too will most people remember Gatlin as a doper, but quite a lot of people will also remember him as someone with insane will power in his final chance to beat Bolt. 

Like I said, I'm not a fan of him, but those last 20-30 meters of Gatlin last night...damn, I have rarely seen such a show of "I'd rather die than lose this race" and as a sports fan, I can't do anything but respect that. 

Nope, that's not the case :lol: Bolt will never be seen as a part of the pack. He is the leader. He is the star. And, what matters most, he's not a proven cheater.

Of course he ran an incredieble race, but he should've never been allowed to run after second ban in first place. That's why he got booed by the crowd.

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Like I said, I'm not a fan of him, but those last 20-30 meters of Gatlin last night...damn, I have rarely seen such a show of "I'd rather die than lose this race" and as a sports fan, I can't do anything but respect that. 

He is a WR holder too. :lol:

#banbestmen

10 minutes ago, Майкл said:

Nope, that's not the case :lol: Bolt will never be seen as a part of the pack. He is the leader. He is the star. And, what matters most, he's not a proven cheater.

Of course he ran an incredieble race, but he should've never been allowed to run after second ban in first place. That's why he got booed by the crowd.

Which is why I said most people will see Bolt like that, but there's definitely people who follow athletics a bit more closely and so know that Jamaican doping tests haven't always been exactly fantastic :p 

The fact Gatlin should not have been allowed to run after his second ban is a whole different discussion (and I think most people agree about it, including some of Gatlin's friends in the sport). 

Quick, hide the children dressed up as mascots, Mehikissi-Bennabad is on the track.