website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2017

George_D

Ahhahha, epic trollness from Justin :roflmao: I've lived for this moment for so long and it finally happened. :bones: Would have preffered if it was in Rio, but still it's very sweet to come in front of the snob brits and his royal assness Cole. :raspberry: A World Champion again at 35. :bowdown:

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Ahhahha, epic trollness from Justin :roflmao: I've lived for this moment for so long and it finally happened. :bones: Would have preffered if it was in Rio, but still it's very sweet to come in front of the snob brits and his royal assness Cole. :raspberry: A World Champion again at 35. :bowdown:

:(

I went to the stadium for the ParaAthletics and the crowd was really nice.

Still, yes I think the reaction is unsurprising, would have come anywhere

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Honestly i didnt event notice Gatlin until They said his name after the finish, i was sure that coleman won, didnt even look down the screen (damn big screen tv! lol) so was happy that USA got gold, where the hell did gatlin even come from, great comeback anyway (by the way would it make anyone happy if coleman would win? since bolt finished 3rd then even if gatlin wasnt there he wouldn't win the gold)

8 hours ago, juddy96 said:

Defending High Jump world champion Derek Drouin has pulled out due to an ongoing achilles injury

Derek Drouin, the reigning world and Olympic champion in high jump, announced he was withdrawing with an Achilles tendon injury.

Apparently one learns every day...because I was searching for his injury news, I discovered he was one of the many Olympic champions of whom I had already forgotten they won Olympic gold :p (like Sara Kolak) 

This all sucks for Canada. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Crowd will never like cheaters. Period. It doesn't make them less guilty than they actually are. :dunno: 

No one will remember Druglin as a great athlete, but a doper who served 2 bans or a doper who beat Bolt in his last race.

Edited by Майкл

17 minutes ago, Майкл said:

Crowd will never like cheaters. Period. It doesn't make them less guilty than they actually are. :dunno: 

No one will remember Druglin as a great athlete, but a doper who served 2 bans or a doper who beat Bolt in his last race.

That's not entirely true. Just like most people will remember Bolt as a great athlete, but quite a lot of people will remember him (and his countrymen) as 'the athletes coming from that country where doping controls were extremely amateuristic according to the stories'. So too will most people remember Gatlin as a doper, but quite a lot of people will also remember him as someone with insane will power in his final chance to beat Bolt. 

Like I said, I'm not a fan of him, but those last 20-30 meters of Gatlin last night...damn, I have rarely seen such a show of "I'd rather die than lose this race" and as a sports fan, I can't do anything but respect that. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!