website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2017

George_D

Cheers all around, Semenya is going for double gold, fantastic :woohoo:

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/athletics/breaking-caster-semenya-set-to-race-for-double-gold-10467202

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Gianlu33:

If anyone want help me whit Team Selection, he/she will be welcome :evil: In the afternoon i'll post some nations, for sure AUS (today published list :clap:), AUT, BAR, BEL and BRA. If i'll have time i will post more team :d 

Great work, i only looked at the german team so far and there is one tiny mistake: I think it should be "Fate Tola" in womens marathon.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Sad that Germany is missing so many of its top athletes, for example Moguenara, Mihambo, Elbe, C. Harting, Schwanitz, 3 of them would have been medal contenders in top shape. Add the retirement of Obergföll, Stahl and Heidler and there arent too many medal chances left for Germany. I also think some of the selections are very weird: Küster (womens hammer throw) and Hering (womens 800 m) have clearly a worse chance to make the next round than Spelmeyer (womens 400 m) or Graumann (womens high jump), but nevertheless invitations for Spelmeyer/Graumann were apparently rejected by the german federation.

I also would have liked to see some young talents in the team, just to get some experience, for example K. Kwadwo (in womens 4x100 relay), C. Schwab (in womens 4x400 relay) or Lita Baehre in mens pole vault (i think he didnt get the entry standard, so i cant blame the german federation here).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Cheers all around, Semenya is going for double gold, fantastic :woohoo:

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/athletics/breaking-caster-semenya-set-to-race-for-double-gold-10467202

And that is good news, because ... ? (Serious question)

I dont think that Semenya will get the double gold and i still dont think that Semenya will do the 1500 m 100%, especially if it takes place before the 800 m. If this becomes another jogfest with a very fast 800, then Semenya would be the favorite, but if the girls go for sub 4 pace, Semenya shouldnt have a chance to win it. Muir, Hassan, Kipyegon and Dibaba all have a PB that is at least 5 seconds faster than that of Semenya.

:AUS TEAM AUSTRALIA :AUS 

MEN TEAM

400m: Steven Solomon

800m: Peter Bol

1500m: Ryan Gregson, Luke Mathews

5000m: Patrick Tiernan, Morgan McDonald, Sam McEntee

10000m: Patrick Tiernan

110m Hurdles: Nicholas Hough

Pole Vault: Kurtis Marschall

Long Jump: Henry Frayne, Fabrice Lapierre

Shot Put: Damien Birkinhead

Javellin Throw: Hamish Peacock

Decathlon: Cedric Dubler

Marathon: Brad Milosevic, Josh Harris, Jack Colreavy

20km Race Walk: Dane Bird-Smith, Rhydian Cowley

50km Race Wakl: Jared Tallent

Relay: 4x100m

WOMEN TEAM

200m: Ella Nelson

400m: Morgan Mitchell

800m: Georgia Griffith

1500m: Linden Hall, Zoe Buckman, Georgia Griffith

5000m: Madeline Hills, Eloise Wellings

10000m: Eloise Wellings, Madeline Hills

3000m Steeplechase: Genevieve LaCaze

100m Hurdles: Sally Pearson

400m Hurdles: Lauren Wells

Long Jump: Brooke Stratton

Discus Throw: Dani Stevens

Marathon: Jessica Trengove, Milly Clark, Sinead Diver

20km Race Walk: Regan Lamble, Bekki Smith, Rachel Tallent

Relay: 4x400m

3 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

If anyone want help me whit Team Selection, he/she will be welcome :evil: In the afternoon i'll post some nations, for sure AUS (today published list :clap:), AUT, BAR, BEL and BRA. If i'll have time i will post more team :d 

Honestly, not even our federation knows whose going to these championships. So many athletes hid their injuries till the final moment and some are waiting for qualifications through rating.

16 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Honestly, not even our federation knows whose going to these championships. So many athletes hid their injuries till the final moment and some are waiting for qualifications through rating.

Damn, it's very sad :( I'll wait official lists

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Great work, i only looked at the german team so far and there is one tiny mistake: I think it should be "Fate Tola" in womens marathon.

Fixed  :yes