website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2017

George_D

:ITA  won a Bronze with Antonella PALMISANO (20km walk race), but this medal doesn't save our athletics...... only one go through and reach finals, Marco Lingua (10th in Hammer Throw), and only one finish in Top8 Daniele Meucci (6th in Marathon), so close Marco De Luca (9th in 50km walk race); these are very poor result but expected.

The only "consolation prize" is one medal is better than "zero-tituli" of WC 2015 and Olympic 2016 :facepalm:

It's the wrost results of italian recent history :clap: Hip-hip urrà fidal and Giomi, good work! We can do better nexy years, after 0 points in the stadium 0 points in the street to are possible! :d Long life to italian athletics :toast:

(Hyronic, of course.)

Edited by Gianlu33

Canada dominated the points table among nations with no medals, 30 vs. Botswana's 14. Overall 12 top 8 places (5th-8th) with a potential of three more if De Grasse and Drouin competed. Hopefully Own the Podium realizes the performance and won't cut funding.

overall it's been the worst competition for Egypt since 2005 , after silver medal and 7th place finish last tournament , but i think i've enjoyed every single moment of this wch and i'm really sad it came to an end :cry: for African countries , it's been a terrific tournament with 2 countries being placed 2nd and 3rd overall in medals table :bowdown: nothing special for Kenya , they proved again that they're a super power in athletics globally , but SA was just outstanding in this tournament , the main highlights is the big failure of Bolt and Jamaica overall , Omar macleod just saved their ass with his gold in men's 100m hurdles , Russia is back on track hopefully cleaner this time , but i must admit that i lost hope that athletes can be 100 % clean in this sport so i just forgot about the doping issues and enjoy what these athletes can present 

Edited by thepharoah

Congrats for :SYR majd eldin Ghazzal on his bronze medal today , i think this's the biggest highlight of Syrian sport since bronze medal of Ghada Shoaa in heptathlon in wch 99 and it came in a very tight situations for Syria , also this's been one the worst high jump competitions i've ever watched 

What a shitty world championships all around. Disappointments a plenty. 

Really tough to watch the Canadian team struggle. As a nation that probably falls in the top 10 in the world in athletics, sucks to leave with no medals. Chalk it up to injuries and bad luck, but I expect to see Canadians back on form in Doha. 

I don't really follow athletics, but as a reminder to myself in case I decide to follow it someday, I should never come close to some people discussing the results here.

I've seen some sexist, LGBT-phobic, and apparently racist comments, and I'm surprised some of you just let that slip as if it's nothing. It's one thing when you are not a huge fan of such and such athlete. It's a different thing altogether when you purposely misgender people or when your remarks about someone might come off as racist.