website statistics

[POLL] Which Nation will Win the Medal Count at the Winter Olympic Games 2018?

[POLL] Which Nation will Win the Medal Count at the Winter Olympic Games 2018?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which Nation will Win the Medal Count at the Winter Olympic Games 2018?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2018 at 10:00 PM

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

C´mon :d

If there a country that is still exceptionally prepared for the olympics, it´s surely Canada. you´ll again medal almost everywhere :d

and about women´s hockey, yes that old known song..USA winning world champs titles year after year, but then came the olympics and Canada score the overtime finals winning goal :d

One big difference this time: no Hayley Wickenheiser

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

One big difference this time: no Hayley Wickenheiser

yep, but well, she can´t play for eternity :d

I´ll never forget especially this (probably her easiest match of her career) :p she was just everywhere !

but this cheering at the end after the hand shakes :)

Norway or USA, USA gold chances are more "sure" than Norwegian so i`d bet 55-45 for US

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Really hard to understand why Germany got so few votes, despite having won 34 medals in olympic events at the latest world championships, including 18 of them in gold, despite ...

a) Lisa Zimmermann not able to compete

b) Felix Loch missing out on a medal

c) No medal in men's ski jumping team

Naturally the number of golds will go down, but its hard to see Germany ending up with less than 12 golds (3-4 x luge, 2 x bob, 1 x skeleton, 2-3 x nordic combined, 2-3 x biathlon) which will be very hard to match for any other nation except the US.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Really hard to understand why Germany got so few votes, despite having won 34 medals in olympic events at the latest world championships, including 18 of them in gold, despite ...

a) Lisa Zimmermann not able to compete

b) Felix Loch missing out on a medal

c) No medal in men's ski jumping team

Naturally the number of golds will go down, but its hard to see Germany ending up with less than 12 golds (3-4 x luge, 2 x bob, 1 x skeleton, 2-3 x nordic combined, 2-3 x biathlon) which will be very hard to match for any other nation except the US.

Germany is tied for second atm... which is reasonable as any one of the three (Norway, Germany or the USA) have a good shot at winning top spot.

15 hours ago, hckosice said:

yep, but well, she can´t play for eternity :d

I´ll never forget especially this (probably her easiest match of her career) :p she was just everywhere !

but this cheering at the end after the hand shakes :)

Score would be much closer today. :)

20 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Score would be much closer today. :)

No. Certainly no :d

The fun thing was that actually this happened during the Day 1 of the Games, which was one of the most memorable and successful day of our sport, since only few hours before this match Nastya won our first historic Gold at WOG in Biathlon Sprint.

• 2 weeks later...

Netherlands can be 3rd with only 2 sports for gold chances (speed skating and short track)..

I think the battle will be between Germany and USA. Norway must go well in both biathlon and CC skiing to top the medal table. Probably they will fight with Canada and Netherlands for 3rd place

• 4 months later...