website statistics

Speed Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 1 month later...

Sven Kramer is 'playing' with the thought of trying to compete in the mass start in the Olympics. Tonight was the first mass start race of the season and he already participated in that one, unlike some other major names. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34.94 for Olympic 500m champion Michel Mulder in Inzell, his first sub-35 in two years.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, dcro said:

It's so early in the season for such a "milestone" time. :mumble:

Someone is ready to defend his Olympic title...

Well, for a top sprinter in a 'normal' shape, sub-35 on a sort of fast track like Inzell shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm curious about the Dutch Olympic qualifying tournament again, last time that was some of the most hilariously fast speed skating I have ever seen, including M Mulder's ridiculous 34,31 and Ireen Wüst's just as ridiculous 1:53,31 :p  (in Heerenveen, so not at altitude obviously)

Edited by heywoodu

15 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, for a top sprinter in a 'normal' shape, sub-35 on a sort of fast track like Inzell shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm curious about the Dutch Olympic qualifying tournament again, last time that was some of the most hilariously fast speed skating I have ever seen, including M Mulder's ridiculous 34,31 and Ireen Wüst's just as ridiculous 1:53,31 :p  (in Heerenveen, so not at altitude obviously)

But Heerenveen does have an altitude. :teacher:

TcznYoLVT-_aCx40nWHyAA.png

#banbestmen

Low 1:08's in Inzell for Nuis and Otterspeer...in October....this is worrying :p 

1:09.89 for Pedro Causil in the 1000m in Salt Lake City today, the first South American in history to break the 1:10-barrier :)

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

I still stand by those words, at that time, yet this freak show in Inzell is worrying me :p 

Although Nuis would definitely be someone who burns the ice out of the rink in October-December and then finishes 7th or something at the Olympics.