Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Speed Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

heywoodu    2,239

Sven Kramer is 'playing' with the thought of trying to compete in the mass start in the Olympics. Tonight was the first mass start race of the season and he already participated in that one, unlike some other major names. 

heywoodu    2,239

34.94 for Olympic 500m champion Michel Mulder in Inzell, his first sub-35 in two years.

dcro    1,986
11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

34.94 for Olympic 500m champion Michel Mulder in Inzell, his first sub-35 in two years.

It's so early in the season for such a "milestone" time. :mumble:

Someone is ready to defend his Olympic title...

heywoodu    2,239
1 hour ago, dcro said:

It's so early in the season for such a "milestone" time. :mumble:

Someone is ready to defend his Olympic title...

Well, for a top sprinter in a 'normal' shape, sub-35 on a sort of fast track like Inzell shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm curious about the Dutch Olympic qualifying tournament again, last time that was some of the most hilariously fast speed skating I have ever seen, including M Mulder's ridiculous 34,31 and Ireen Wüst's just as ridiculous 1:53,31 :p  (in Heerenveen, so not at altitude obviously)

Edited by heywoodu

dcro    1,986
15 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, for a top sprinter in a 'normal' shape, sub-35 on a sort of fast track like Inzell shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm curious about the Dutch Olympic qualifying tournament again, last time that was some of the most hilariously fast speed skating I have ever seen, including M Mulder's ridiculous 34,31 and Ireen Wüst's just as ridiculous 1:53,31 :p  (in Heerenveen, so not at altitude obviously)

But Heerenveen does have an altitude. :teacher:

TcznYoLVT-_aCx40nWHyAA.png

• Haha 1

heywoodu    2,239

Low 1:08's in Inzell for Nuis and Otterspeer...in October....this is worrying :p 

heywoodu    2,239

1:09.89 for Pedro Causil in the 1000m in Salt Lake City today, the first South American in history to break the 1:10-barrier :)

dcro    1,986
18 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Low 1:08's in Inzell for Nuis and Otterspeer...in October....this is worrying :p 

heywoodu    2,239
6 minutes ago, dcro said:

I still stand by those words, at that time, yet this freak show in Inzell is worrying me :p 

Although Nuis would definitely be someone who burns the ice out of the rink in October-December and then finishes 7th or something at the Olympics.

heywoodu    2,239

One hour to go until the Dutch single distance champs get underway, this is gonna be fun if the insane times in pre-season are any indication :p