website statistics

Equestrian FEI Eventing European Championships 2017

dcro

On 8/14/2017 at 13:05, dcro said:

Jonty & Art will miss the Europeans. :( Well, I guess it was expected since he spent much of his time in the exhausting crowd funding campaign. Important thing is that they'll stay together.

Probably for the best because it was impossible to prepare for this high level competition with all the focus these last few months being on trying to secure the funding. My aim is top 4. It won't be easy but if we are ever to progress in this sport at all then we need to start showing it and stop drifting from one Olympic cycle to the next with no ambition.

14 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

The european ch will bi available only on FEI tv, i guess.. :(

It will also be on TVP Sport apparently, but I guess you'll need some VPN. http://www.sport.tvp.pl/transmisje

Don't know if there are some other broadcasters.

#banbestmen

21 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Probably for the best because it was impossible to prepare for this high level competition with all the focus these last few months being on trying to secure the funding. My aim is top 4. It won't be easy but if we are ever to progress in this sport at all then we need to start showing it and stop drifting from one Olympic cycle to the next with no ambition.

Yeah, I suppose Ireland might be looking to potentially attack the team podium, along with Sweden. Unfortunately, Evans is not the only top name missing. Earlier this year I watched an Event Rider Masters stage where Mark Kyle was doing an excellent job (41 something dressage, clear jumping), but he ended up falling on XC and breaking his foot. :(

i think they should excel in the show jumping department, especially Ennis with Stellor Rebound (11 of the last 12 times going clear, one of the best in the business).

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, I suppose Ireland might be looking to potentially attack the team podium, along with Sweden. Unfortunately, Evans is not the only top name missing. Earlier this year I watched an Event Rider Masters stage where Mark Kyle was doing an excellent job (41 something dressage, clear jumping), but he ended up falling on XC and breaking his foot. :(

i think they should excel in the show jumping department, especially Ennis with Stellor Rebound (11 of the last 12 times going clear, one of the best in the business).

Yes our team is really not the kind of one I'd have hoped we would have but we can only do the best with what we have available. We always have a lot of depth with dozens of combinations able to slot into a national team, but there simply is just not enough top quality combinations in our ranks. I don't think this is a huge chasm to breach this gap but it requires planning and ambition nonetheless. And while it is a fantastic news story that Jonty gets to keep Art, that situation of selling on the best Irish horses continues to hamper our chances or making progress. There should be a high performance fund available with a long-term strategy of keeping some of our best horses in Irish "hands". This is recommended time and time again by bodies doing post-mortems and analysis of our sports (such as the post-Olympic reviews) but it seems like these suggestions are simply thrown into the dustbin and re-drawn up again and again each cycle (not just talking about equestrian now) :d

BBC is also broadcasting the Eventing europeans...

Saturday and Sunday they will be live on Red Button Channel (viewable also FTA on satellite @ 28.2 East)...

and Sunday there will be a full 2-hr summary on BBC 2 (from 17.45 to 19.50 CET)...

of course all this will be also available online (with a VPN)...

here you can find the BBC Sport Schedule (full week, all sports included of course)...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/36722726