Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


dcro

Equestrian FEI Eventing European Championships 2017

Recommended Posts

dcro    965

Forgive me for using this expression, but it's the first time since 1973 that "Eastern" Europe will be hosting this event. :d Yeah, I know Poland isn't officially Eastern European nation, but more Eastern than Germany in any case. :p

 

Anyway, Nominated Entries have been published. These also include all the reserves, but the teams can choose the max of 6 athletes (4 team members + 2 individuals only). Some have already chosen their definite teams (can be checked here).

 

19 nations competing, a more diverse field than 2 years ago. :CZE:HUN:NOR are appearing after a long absence, Norway possibly first time ever (sadly there are no such records to check).

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    375
1 minute ago, dcro said:

Forgive me for using this expression, but it's the first time since 1973 that "Eastern" Europe will be hosting this event. :d Yeah, I know Poland isn't officially Eastern European nation, but more Eastern than Germany in any case. :p

 

Anyway, Nominated Entries have been published. These also include all the reserves, but the teams can choose the max of 6 athletes (4 team members + 2 individuals only). Some have already chosen their definite teams (can be checked here).

 

19 nations competing, a more diverse field than 2 years ago. :CZE:HUN:NOR are appearing after a long absence, Norway possibly first time ever (sadly there are no such records to check).

You save me, i start to search the Italian entry when i see this topic but find news on our federations about it is impossible. Thanks agains :hatoff: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965

So, French Olympic gold medal team is pretty much in tatters this year.

 

Astier Nicolas - sidelined after breaking his leg

Mathieu Lemoine - lost his horse after the Olympics

Karim Laghouag - failed to reach minimum eligibility standards with his Olympic horse:facepalm:

 

This leaves Thibaut Vallette as the only "surviving" member of that team. And yet, he is having a miserable year himself after picking cross-country jumping penalties in both of his competitions this year... However, I do expect some joy for France here. Maybe not in the team event, but Thomas Carlile & Upsilon might as well be the biggest candidates for the individual gold at the moment, a VERY exciting combination. The only thing that could bring them down is lack of experience I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vojthas    16
6 hours ago, dcro said:

Forgive me for using this expression, but it's the first time since 1973 that "Eastern" Europe will be hosting this event. :d Yeah, I know Poland isn't officially Eastern European nation, but more Eastern than Germany in any case. :p

Looking this way Germany is also Eastern as it's more Eastern than France. Just in case you forgot Berlin was an Eastern city too. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965
20 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Looking this way Germany is also Eastern as it's more Eastern than France. Just in case you forgot Berlin was an Eastern city too. :p

 

:d

 

Well, in any case, I'm happy to see Poland hosting the event. :) Hopefully the home team will be inspired to do well, they have been struggling at the championship level for a while now unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965

@OlympicIRL Only 63k to go for Jonty! :woot: It's happening. :d Glad that they should be able to attend Europeans now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    501
3 hours ago, dcro said:

@OlympicIRL Only 63k to go for Jonty! :woot: It's happening. :d Glad that they should be able to attend Europeans now.

 

Wow!! Fantastic!! :woot:

There was a 6-figure donation made today :bowdown:

 

Competing at the Europeans will be a big bonus even if their performance will probably be a little off (due to all energies in recent weeks being devoted to fundraising and a very stressful period for Jonty).

83% of the way to the target, "just" another £63,000 to reach with 4 days to go :fingers:

Edited by OlympicIRL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965

Jonty & Art will miss the Europeans. :( Well, I guess it was expected since he spent much of his time in the exhausting crowd funding campaign. Important thing is that they'll stay together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965

And here are the last set of definite entries that were published today. There were 4 withdrawals in total: :IRL Evans, :FIN Siltakorpi, :FIN Jankari and :RUS Atrokhov. This leaves Finland at just one individual, instead of a 3-members team.

 

Championships start on Thursday.

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965

Opening ceremony will be streamed here, starting at 20:45 CET. :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    501
On 8/14/2017 at 13:05, dcro said:

Jonty & Art will miss the Europeans. :( Well, I guess it was expected since he spent much of his time in the exhausting crowd funding campaign. Important thing is that they'll stay together.

 

Probably for the best because it was impossible to prepare for this high level competition with all the focus these last few months being on trying to secure the funding. My aim is top 4. It won't be easy but if we are ever to progress in this sport at all then we need to start showing it and stop drifting from one Olympic cycle to the next with no ambition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×