website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

6 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

if i am not wrong in article is mentioned that Hungary is country of his ancestors

but more weird is that in USA such high class athletes have economic problems :yikes:

Yea I am surprised at that too. However, you would think there is financial gain to be moving to Hungary.

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Welcome Hungary to the club of buying athletes.

Welcome USA to the club of countries not taking care of their athletes (like Kenya, where I remember a case of a world-class athlete having to fly cheap because some federation official had to fly business class). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Welcome USA to the club of countries not taking care of their athletes (like Kenya, where I remember a case of a world-class athlete having to fly cheap because some federation official had to fly business class). 

Its a problem in a lot of countries you would expect not to have these issues. 

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

TBH on a personal level I fully support Kenyan and Ethiopian athletes who switch to represent Qatar, Bahrein or whatever other country. It’s just a much better option for them financially.

As an American I’m constantly disappointed with our NOC. We never find our athletes and we cover up sexual abuse for political gain and prestige. The USOC is a joke, no support for athletes what so ever.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela